Popped a Stitch in the Cuff...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Popped a Stitch in the Cuff...... Popped a Stitch in the Cuff......

Unread 04-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Popped a Stitch in the Cuff......

Hi, Ladies.
Over the weekend, I started having heavy, bright red bleeding and a substantial amount of cramping. Sunday morning, it was a little better - especially if I just lay horizontal in bed. Read a lot of Hystersisters, including those from a few who were concerned about post-op bleeding as well. Decided not to call the doctor or go to the ER, didn't want to make a big deal if it was nothing. And there is such a wide range of whats "normal", you know?
So Sunday night it just got worse and this morning (Monday), I was passing quarter-sized clots. This with plenty of pain.
I called the advice nurse, who asked me to come in after talking to the doctor. LONG story short, she did an internal exam (speculum and all) and the verdict is that, Yep - the seam was coming apart a bit at the end and she could see exactly where it was bleeding from. This, of course, called for a quick cauterization with the ole' Silver Nitrate.
So, its been a long day. Lol.
I guess my point is - WHEN IN DOUBT, CALL THE DOCTOR. Mine said I should definitely have called over the weekend, and she would have met me in the ER. Although we don't know what caused it, she suspects I overdid. You know how you are supposed to "listen to your body"? I really didn't; it kept telling me ENOUGH when I was hurting while swiferring the floor or cleaning out the dishwasher (which seems like such LITTLE things at nearly three weeks post op) and I just kind of pushed through it. Now I've got a little setback. I truly thought that there was NO FRIGGEN WAY I was really gonna need six weeks recovery.....thought I'd bounce back really fast. Not so. Very tired and trying to give myself permission to heal on my BODY'S timetable instead of my (clearly unrealistic) expectations of myself.
God bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 07:07 PM

Evergreene

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time! Please take care of yourself. I'm glad you called your Dr today.
Unread 04-22-2008, 12:01 AM

Your story sounds so much like my own. My bleeding started in week 2 of recovery. day 9 red blood, but stopped within 30 minutes. day 11 red blood, but stopped within 30 minutes. Day 13 red blood that was flowing like a faucet, then came the clots. Emergency room within an hour & a half. Tear at the cuff. Silver Nitrate was mentioned, but my Dr. went with surgicell instead. Didn't do the job completely. day 16, outpatient surgery to restitch. I thought similar to you. I felt great, didn't think I'd need 6 weeks to recover from a vaginal hysterectomy. I, too, stand corrected. I was feeling like I was the only one in the world with a story like this. Thanks for sharing your story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 09:06 AM

(((sw34))), thank you for the well-wishes.
And tmetoyer67 - I'm so sorry this is happening to you, too. Please keep us posted on your healing.....this is a very humbling experience, huh? God bless you and heal you quick - and thank YOU for sharing your experience, too.
Hugs all the way around,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register