12th day after surgery and mad | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12th day after surgery and mad 12th day after surgery and mad

Unread 04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
12th day after surgery and mad

I'm new to this group and just wanted to know if I'm going crazy or not.....
I had a cah done 12 days ago and thought I was feeling pretty good. Today, I turned into a crazy woman. I'm so moody and tired. I can go from happy to sad to angry in two min.'s. I really didn't read into post-op after the surgery. I just wanted to stop bleeding. Am I going crazy? I may have made a terrible mistake!!???!!!??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 08:12 PM

Hi! I want to welcome you here! Please remember your body is still early in the healing phase and as you body is focusing on healing, your moods may go haywire for while. I don't think you are going crazy. Please give yourself a break as you are recovering. If it continues, I would suggest speaking with your doctor. Your body had a major surgery and was in shock. And that will affect your moods. Please take it easy on yourself. Sometimes you may start thinking, hey-I'm going great, when your body crashes and reminds you that you are still healing. I hope that makes sense. Please keep us updated.
Unread 04-21-2008, 08:18 PM

What you describe I think is pretty much normal. I am almost 6 weeks post-op and I still have my days just like that.

Take it easy on yourself and give your body and mind time to heal.

Best wishes sent your way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 09:33 PM

Day 12 for me, as well and I too am not up to snuff. You are going to have great days and some days that you eally don't have the energy to do much but to sit on your duff. I'm just trying to listen to my body and go with it.

It does get better.
Unread 04-22-2008, 11:45 AM

I'm into 4 months after my TAH. My moods change like a drop of a hat. my DH thinks I need to see a psyhcogist just cause my moods are hey wire and was before I had this done too. I'm working all the time though and have a lot going on in my life. I didn't even take the full 6wks to recover I was back running my business after 4. I try to get him to understand that my body is still going thru alot of changes and that I'm over doing it. I think once a wk I feel great. Then the rest I feel run down, moody and my shoulders are back to hurting.

So I think your normal as normal can be that is. I was truely thinking that I could have the surgery and be happy go lucky feel like I was 20 again. From other women I have talked to they have told me it is about a yr after your surgery before you feel like that again.

I guess since I have my overies and that I'll still have the PMS issues. I was hoping that would of went away too. It's funny though I talk to my doctor about it and he said it's not a hormone change cause I still have my overies. Well I like my doctor but, sometimes I feel he's so male that it's not funny. So hang in there suddenlysad I think we all are going through it.
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:23 PM

well its day 6 for me and I am an emotional basket case, I don't know if i'm going crazy either, some days are questionable. I do know so many women here have told me this is normal, and hoping it eases up a little bit, but I have learned to take it day by day.....and if thats too much take it minute by minute. Best of recovery to you
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:38 PM

I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op now and still having terrible mood swings. I have just learned over the past couple weeks to just let it go. When you feel like crying, cry; when you want to shout, shout! Main thing is to get it out and move on. Be patient and know that there are a ton of us supporting you and sending lots of hugs!
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Your hormones are adjusting. Do you still have your ovaries? Are you on HRT? I am on HRT and my Dr said it is going to take some time for my body to adjust to HRT. I also switch a few times already so it might take me a little while longer to adjust.

I've read that if you kept your ovaries that they go into shock. This could be happening to you if you have yours still.
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:23 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm normal or not. I'm 29 years old, had a TAH BSO one week ago....and I'm not on HRT's. My mood has IMPROVED 100%. This is the best I have felt mentally in years. I suppose I should count myself lucky, but in the back of my mind, i'm wondering if it'll all crash down soon. Anyone else have a change for the better..and it stay that way?
Unread 04-22-2008, 04:54 PM

Hang in there - you've had major surgery, and the recovery takes awhile. At day 12, you're still newly pre-op and your body is busy at work healing. It's hard, but please try to have patience with yourself and know that you'll have good and bad days for awhile. Ultimately, the good days will outnumber the bad.

You don't mention if you kept your ovaries... if your mood swings continue, you may want to talk to your doctor about hormones.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register