Sad today/ Surgery was 6 months ago today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sad today/ Surgery was 6 months ago today Sad today/ Surgery was 6 months ago today

Unread 04-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Sad today/ Surgery was 6 months ago today

I woke up this morning and realized that my surgery was 6 months ago. SO much has changed in my life that the time zipped by before I knew it. Today, I am feeling the loss again. My almost 20 year old will be moving into an apartment with friends near her college soon. This is a great transition for her...I just wish it wasn't now. I feel so silly for being so emotional about today.
I need to focus on others and stop feeling sorry for myself. God has blessed me in so many, many ways and I need to focus on being grateful. Please pray for me today to move past self-pity and toward right thinking and others. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 10:10 AM

Hi (((peacemaker)))
My heart goes out to you today. I'm sorry you're feeling so sad. I think we all have those days, I'm even fighting it a little bit myself today. The sad feelings can be prompted by so many things. Although I don't know all of what you're feeling today, I can relate to the sadness you feel over watching your dd growing up and becoming more independent. I'll be praying for you.

Father, I lift my sister to you this morning and ask you to comfort her and lift her spirit. Help her to rejoice with the coming of new adventures for her dd and also help her to see that you have more in store for her. Give her a glimpse into your perfect plan for her. Fill her heart with the anticipation of each new day and all the good things you have in mind for her.

Bring people into her path today to help fill her time and keep her focus on others, like she wants it to be, but also help her to be at peace with the place you have her now. Thank you Father for your faithfulness to us. Even when we're down and discouraged you're there, walking with us, helping us, leading us to where we can rise above whatever circumstance we face. Thank you, in your precious name we pray. Amen.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my savior and my God."
Psalm 43:5

I hope your day gets better. Remember you are not alone.
's, Rita
Unread 04-22-2008, 05:00 PM

((peacemaker)),

I have been feeling down the last couple of days too, so you are not alone. I have empty nest, and dh is out of town working so it gets lonely at times.

Saying prayers for comfort and strength for you.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 06:39 AM

((peacemaker)), I remember that feeling of loss and sadness from when my DD moved to her own place too. It hurts, even when you're feeling proud of their growth into adulthood

I'm sending lots of prayers and hugs to you.

S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register