Is it normal to be so tired? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it normal to be so tired? Is it normal to be so tired?

Unread 04-22-2008, 09:12 AM
almost 1 week post op

Is it normal to be soooo tired. I'm 5 days post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Is it normal to be so tired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell123y
I am hopeing its normal... I get pooped just showering, and I am 1 week post-op. I have been told it will be like this for a while. Take full advantage of it, I am sure we will never get to rest like this again!!! I am trying, TRYING, to enjoy the peacefulness of it all!!!
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM

its very normal to be tired...and sleeping is the best way to heal..so take lots of naps.....it does get better I promise, just lay in your recovery spot and get up once in awhile to stretch your legs, walk round the house a bit, by the 3rd wk I was starting to feel like my old self!!...just takes time don't
rush it..I don't know bout you, but I want to heal the first time around so I can get on with livin!

Good Luck & Godspeed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 10:30 AM

Oh I hope so.. I am 2 weeks today and struggling to keep my eyes open..
Unread 04-22-2008, 10:48 AM

Yes girls it's normal to be tired real tired in the beginning after 3-4 wks it becomes an up & down thing as you are allowed more activities you find you tire out easy.For instance yesterday I walked two miles I was beat all day had laundry to do & dinner to cook & I made it.Today I feel as though I ran a marathon I could nap all day but wont cause then I wont sleep tonight.It takes some adjusting & a gradual build up of energy occurs.For me as I got active by 6pm I fealt ready for bed! Now I'm better than that but it really depends on what you do so take it slow,& dont be disappointed in yourself.But during the first two wks as long as you get up & do mini walks around the house or yard dont worry just rest!
Unread 04-22-2008, 11:06 AM

I personnally am enjoying all of the resting and being waited on. I do wish I could sit straight up easier.
Unread 04-22-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell123y
Oh, kell, 5 days is not long at all...yes it's normal! Much of your body's energy is being used up by consentrating on healing. Take it easy. You will know when things start returning to normal. Your energy will pick up with each new day as you recover....but that could take some time depending on how extensive your surgery was.

Rest and be patient. It will get better.

Pansy
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:06 PM

Don't underestimate what your bodies have been through. I became anemic after the surgery and am just now at a point that I feel somewhat back to my old self. I was exhausted for most of my recovery. 2 hours of work usually required 2 days of recovery. This was hard as I am a high energy person. It is critical that you take time to rest. Don't push yourself as you may cause damage to internal stitches. Sleep and sit as much as you need to.
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Recovery help!!

Yep, it is normal even after months after having surgery you still get tired. Your body has been through alot and is adjusting to empty space that wasn't there before. Its amazing how long it takes to heal I am almost 6months post op and my belly stills swells up. You have to take things slow and do not over due it because your body will punish you!! Promise me on this one. I over did it and I couldn't move the next 3days. It was awful!! Kick your feet up and rest !!! The sleep apnea is normal too. I had my days and nights confused. That was weird and very hard to recover from. Good luck!! We are always here for you!!
Unread 04-22-2008, 11:14 PM

Yep, I took a 2 hour nap everyday for the first 10 days or so. Everytime I turned around, I was crawling into bed, & falling asleep within minutes. Rest. It's the best thing for you right now. I'm 3 weeks & 4 days post op & my energy is improving daily.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register