Painful intercourse - 7 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful intercourse - 7 weeks post-op Painful intercourse - 7 weeks post-op

Unread 04-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Painful intercourse - 7 weeks post-op

Chersihed sisters, If anyone out there has had sex after there surgeries recently like me, please let me know how you are making out with the pleasures of it or the not so happy moments. I had sex for the first time last week twice. Well the first 2 times were good, used LUBE and was ok with it all. Well tonight the precious hubbie, who had way too much sex drive needed it badly so I did it any ways. It hurt bad and is still sore and irritable. Has anyone had sex that was good then went to GRR, get me outta this!! We love each other like hot pancakes, but i have had no tolerance to having SEX now and i have kept my ovaries and i think they are not producing any estrogen. Maybe wait a few more times til i ask the GYNO??? Its only 7 weeks total lap hyster....any replies mail me... I never have a good sex drive to begin with, so this is making him feel like ........cheers DONNA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 09:23 PM

Hi ilovelavendar62
I'm sorry about the pain you're having. I think it's encouraging that you started out without any. Since you are only 7 wks out it could be this was just one too many times for your healing tissues. It also sounds like your ovaries might still not be producing all the estrogen your body needs to support a good, strong libido.

When we first started back being intimate I was very sore afterward. We waited a week between encounters and each week was better. I would suggest that right now you need to let your body rest until the soreness is gone. You may find that you're going to need to use lubrication every time too, at least for a while.

As your ovaries come around you can see how your libido does and if your body begins to respond better. I hope you won't hesitate to talk to your dr about this if it doesn't get better though. This is often caused by a hormone imbalance and there might be help for you by working with some testoterone or progesterone.

Try not to worry about this too much yet. It's still early and these problems often work themselves out in a few weeks. I hope this will be the case for you. Explain to your dh that you still have some physical limitations that may be including hormone imbalance and being tender. It sounds like you have a good relationship and you'll be able to work things out so you will both be ok with the situation. Let us know how you do.
's, Rita
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:27 PM

I have had the same experience, I am now over 3 mths post op and sex is becoming more uncomfortable each time!! Not only that but my sex drive is getting less and less with time, I hope my hormones aren't failing me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 06:57 PM

Hi Sisters,

Also had the big SEX this week for the first time 8 weeks LAVH, only problem I encountered was the area around the vaginal entrance was tender, actually stung. Not pleasant.

No pain from inside and we did take care and use plenty of Lube. Also my Gyno recommended that for a while that I be on top so that I could control the movements. DH's can sometimes get carried away with the moment and don't realise just how hard they are pounding, so maybe try a more gentle position. On top or side ways.

DH needs to understand that for a women this can be quite traumatic if it hurts - they wouldn't do it at allif it hurt them trust me, men are such wimps.

So give yourself sometime to heal and then take it gently.

Let us know how you go.

Kezza

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register