Home, Sweet Home! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home, Sweet Home! Home, Sweet Home!

Unread 07-28-2001, 03:19 PM
Home, Sweet Home!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am home from the castle. Had a TVH (left ovaries) on Wed. 7/25. Came home Thursday. I am feeling great - just a little tired and just a little sore in my belly, but otherwise just fine. Was pleasantly surprised to find no pain when I went to the bathroom. Have been up about 15 minutes of every hour, then I go back to bed to lie down. Sleeping well at night.

Thanks to all the advice of all my hystersisters. To all LIW's - the waiting really IS the worst part. I was so nervous and apprehensive, and it seems like it was all for nothing. I wish I had had this surgery two years ago when my DD first recommended it - I have put up with so much pain, bleeding, fatigue and discomfort for nothing. I am sure that as the anesthetic leaves my body I may feel more tired and achy, but I am delighted at how well I feel after such a major procedure.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. Heading back to bed now - will check in later.

A proud punctured princess,
Becky B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2001, 03:30 PM
Home, Sweet Home!

Welcome home!

I also got home on Thursday and have had very little pain. I stay awake for 2-3 hours and then need a 2 hour nap.

I know you've read this here a thousand times. Get lots of , drink lots of water, and let everyone wait on you.

Take care!
Unread 07-28-2001, 03:37 PM
Home, Sweet Home!

bettytwin, you have eased my mind considerably! I am scheduled for a TVH on August 13, and the closer I get, the more horror stories I seem to hear. I have heard that this procedure lasts about 1 hour. Is that about right? It sounds from your post that TVH patients are able to recover more quickly than TAH patients. I hope that holds true for me. My doctor certainly has an optimistic viewpoint of recovery. He feels TVH takes a couple weeks less than t TAH, but I'm going to milk it for all I'm worth! (ha, ha - my teens will have to learn to do housework).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2001, 03:38 PM
Home, Sweet Home!

Hi Becky, I am feeling the same way you are! Now I wonder why on earth did I put this off for so long. I had bled so much for so long, that I figured nothing could be worse than the what I have been expericencing for the past 2 years. I have felt really good since my surgery on 6/26. I am however, noticing that my incision is pulling some, which can only mean that I am doing too much (I know I am).... Now I have to make myself sit down and rest. I am off to the coast of NC for a week starting Monday (I am going to really take it easy) then back to work the following week.

I am glad to hear that you are doing so well. Continue to take care of yourself.. Just think, no more pain and suffering and no more periods! Yahoo!!

Take care,
MB
Unread 07-28-2001, 04:58 PM
Also home from the castle

I am also home now, after a TVH/BSO. My surgery took about 2 1/2 hours, I guess. I had a spinal (epidural) plus light anesthesia, since anesthesia and I don't get along too well. But I developed back spasms after the surgery, and the more pain meds they gave me to help the back the sicker (vomiting) I got. Finally I just asked to have all pain meds stopped and I finally returned to the land of being human. I was in the hospital (excuse me, castle!) 48 hours from prep to discharge - not quite as short as some of my sisters on this thread, but I came home sans pain meds. It's not too bad - just feel icky and pretty tired. Also have diarrhea, which surprised me. I was expecting constipation, but guess that's from the meds I'm not on.......! Anyway, it's good to be home, and my family is treating me like the Princess I am!

Just one note of humor: I read in one of these messages about one woman's surgery being delayed and her husband not being notified. Well, my surgery was delayed more than an hour, which my husband knew, but I still told the anesthesiologist (in my sleep, understand) to call my husband and to tell him not to worry that we were going beyond 2:30! Bless his heart - the anesthesiologist did! My husband was puzzled, but flattered that I was worried about him even in my sleep!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register