Adhesions anyone?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesions anyone?? Adhesions anyone??

Unread 04-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Adhesions anyone??

I am 4 weeks post op from a TAH. Had to have it due to scar tissue from 2 previous surgeries.

Dr said that it doesn't feel right, and I am still too tender for being 4 weeks out. He scheduled a CT for tomorrow.

He is worried that it is a hemotoma, (sp?), a pocket of fluid, or that I have some adhesions to something else in my belly. I asked what we would have to do if one of the three is true......CUT ME BACK OPEN!!!!! OMG! I don't know if I can do that again!

Anyone else had similar problems?!

I need advise/support!

Freaking out in Texas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Adhesions anyone??

I'm sorry your in pain. I've had adhesions before but not from my hyster. I understand you not wanting to go through surgery again! In the last year I've had 3 surgeries! My poor body. I hope this was my last! Take care! Let us know what your Dr says. I'm glad your Dr is addressing your pain.
Unread 04-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Stephankie,

You are not alone! I've been diagnosed with adhesions post my hys several months ago. It looks like there is another surgery in my future too. I am dreadting it as much as you.

Hang in there.

Florekim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Adhesions anyone??

I hope everything turns out ok for ya.

Sherrie
Unread 04-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Thank you everyone for your responses. I had my CT today. YUCK! barium and that dye stuff. Nobody warned me about that! I felt awful after. I guess I will know soon. Thanks for thinking about me!
Unread 04-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Adhesions anyone??

How long do you have to wait for results from the ct scan?
Unread 04-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Adhesions anyone??

I don't know. My DR is out of town, and I am going to call his office in the AM, and ask if they can get the results for me. I don't want to wait the weekend wondering if I have to do this all over again.

I hate to wait!

SF
Unread 04-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Whenever I have any of those test done I go back to the facilty or hospital and get a copy myself. I'm to much of a worry wart to wait. I just sign a release form and they give me the copies. They usually have the results in 24 hrs.

Sherrie
Unread 04-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Adhesions anyone??

I'm in the same boat as you. Looking at surgery #3 in less than a year -- all gynecologic! I was ready for this to all be over after the hysterectomy, but five months later here I am again. I'm also trying to avoid surgery and so I am going to try prescription strength pain medication for two weeks to see if I can get to the point where I can function on a daily basis and maybe put off surgery for even a couple of months longer. My body is tired of the stress of disease, surgery, and recovery every 6 months.

I hope you get good results from your CT scan and that you get them soon! I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Good luck!
Unread 04-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Me too! I think.....

I am 4 months post surgery. 2 months ago I went in for CT scan and a 'small hematoma' was found on left side....less than 1 cm. 2 months later (2 days ago) I went in for another CT scan due t severe pain on left side......the 'small hematoma' (sic) has grown to nearly 3 inches. The technician reading the scan wrote in his report that I had a 'rather large cyst on my left ovary" Since I had my ovaries removed in Dec. ....my confusion knows no bounds. My doc will personally look at the CT pics early next week. meanwhile I sit here terrified that I may be the first woman in history to regrow an ovary I BEGGED to get rid of!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register