Adhesions anyone?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesions anyone?? Adhesions anyone??

Unread 04-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Carolde864,
Your not alone if your ovary has grown back . There are several post on here where this has happened. It's called ORS (ovarian remnant syndrome). I guess everything is possible. LOL. Hopefully it hasnt happened to you .

Sherrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Thanks Sherrie. Your post prompted me to do a little research. I have been telling my GYN that it feels as if I am still having a period each month and i can FEEL blood pumping into that area when I ovulate.( or what FELT like ovulation since I have no ovaries) I jokingly said to her...'It feels like I am regrowing my ovary' Now the CT reader has said I have a cyst on an ovary that was removed 4 months ago. All signs point to ORS. I now know what I need to do so, thank you very much...you may well have saved me months and months of trouble.
Unread 04-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Your welcome . I'm glad I could help you out. Keep us posted how things turn out for ya. Do you know how to look at previous post on here to see what other people have went thru ? Under search up top and type in ORS or ovarian remnant syndrome.

Take Care

Sherrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Hi Ladies,
I have some questions about adhesions. I had a vaginal hysterectomy and a & p repairs done on 2/22. I went to my dr last week because I still don't feel right. He told me everything is perfect. I'm just wondering if I might have adhesions--how do you know? I'm gathering that the dr can't tell just by doing a pelvic exam since everything is supposedly "perfect". When I was in with him I didn't really think about asking about adhesions and he didn't suggest that. What are the symptoms? I'm having alot of abdominal discomfort, I feel kind of backed up even though I'm having a bm everyday. I thought this surgery was going to fix everything and I just feel like I have more problems now than when I started.
Unread 04-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Adhesions anyone??

I too am looking at another major surgery due to adhesions. I meet with the surgeon Wednesday. It looks like they may have to remove part of my colon.
I was not recovering from my hysterectomy the way I should have been. After a ton of tests it looks as though I have divlerticulitis due to "they think" adhsions cutting off part of my colon.
Here is a few things I have learned about adhesions in the last couple of months.
1) Not everyone gets them. They're not sure why it is hit or miss.
2) Adhesions DO NOT show up on most imaging tests (ex. ultrasounds, Cat scan, x-ray.)
3) NOT ALL doctors think adhesions can be a problem. Believe me...they can!
In between each of my c-sections the OB always commented on how much "scar tissue" my body produced.
Unread 04-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Adhesions anyone??

I am having the same problem, but I am 6 wks out. I saw the DR and he didn't want to believe that I am still in so much pain. It is equal to pain from wk 2. DR said ultrasound for me and if nothing showed up then I would have to have colonoscopy and take some pain management classes. I went for the US yesterday and it looks like I have endo/adhesions again. There was also a lot of blood all around my remaining ovary. I had endo back in 2005, but nothing this time around. I did some research and found out that it is possible to get endo even if uterus and ovaries and removed.

My prayers are with all you ladies that are experiencing this. It is a difficult thing to handle in light of what we have all been through.
Unread 04-27-2008, 05:03 AM
Adhesions anyone??

JesusCrew,
My OB-GYN too suggested some sort of pain management too. I was ready to look into that but my husband was not happy with that answer. His logic was "something" has to cause the pain and you have to rule out everything and make sure you know what's causing it before you just manage it. I'm glad I listened to him. Eventually, I would have had severe complications from the infection not to mention had my colon burst I could have died! Listen to your body and follow your instincts. Know one knows how you feel but you.
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Adhesions anyone??

I'm sorry to hear what you had to go through. And I agree with you and your husband. So much pain has to be something.
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Adhesions anyone??

After my surgery, they pumped my abdomen full of fluid to help prevent adhesions. Made me full and "jostly" (like I just drank gallons of water) for several days. Did anyone else have this? I'm curious if it worked for anyone else to help prevent adhesions?
Unread 04-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Adhesions anyone??

I laparoscopic surgery on March 18 to remove scar tissue and adhesions from my colon and abdomen. These formed after the hysterectomy on December 3. My doctor refused to believe that I was in so much pain after 3 months. Finally he LISTENED to me, admitted me to the hospital, did a CTscan, blood work and nothing showed up then. He then decided his best course of action would be a laparoscopy so he could find out if there was anything inside. There was extensive scar tissue and adhesions on both sides of my abdomen. Now, 1 month after the surgery, I am having pain again and once again my doctor is giving me a hard time. He said there's no way it could be adhesions AGAIN and has scheduled another CT Scan for this Wednesday thinking magically something will show up on it this time when it didn't last time. I told my DH that something has to be done, but I'm gonna go freakin crazy if they cut me open again! Please let me know how you do!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register