Adhesions anyone?? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesions anyone?? Adhesions anyone??

Unread 04-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Adhesions anyone??

faifylou,
I feel so sorry for you. What does your Dr. think. You're crazy and want to live on pain pills the rest of your life because you like them? My OB-GYN threw her hands up in the air and told me to try "pain management". I went to a new GP and he did a battery of tests and at least we have a reason for the pain but he told me he wouldn't give me any pain meds. He said that I would have to wait until I see the surgeon and let him decide what HE wanted to do for me. In the meantime I guess I'm just suppose to "suck it up"! Thank God I have a good friend that's a MD and wrote me a script for pain meds because he knows I'm the type of person that doesn't even take an aspirin for a headache let alone strong meds! I take maybe one a day so that I can have a few hours pain-free.
I love how these so called professionals get tests done on us that are known "not" to show adhesions.
I DO feel for you. It's soooooooo frustrating. Best of luck to you. I know, like me, all you want is to be pain-free to live your life again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Thank you all so much for your support. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers in your specific situations.

As for me, my CT results look good. I spoke with my DR this morning at church. He just arrived back in town late last night, and read my results. He said everything looks great. Nothing to worry about.

So, now just confused as to why I don't feel tons better yet. He said maybe just slow healing. UGH!
Unread 04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Ladies-that are in pain all the time..... Please talk to me about how you "cope". I am not coping well. I cry ALL the time. I don't like taking the pain pills because they make me feel "high". I have limited interaction with my beautiful family because I hurt so much. I can see the hurt in their eyes when they ask me how I feel and if I am okay? I don't do any of the things I love anymore. Reading, watching movies, going to the beach. I even had to leave church today. Nothing because I am either in pain or afraid the pain will come back. And I keep hoping just maybe the pain will eventually go away? My faith is in God and for healing I am just getting weary.... How do you get through the day?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Adhesions anyone??

belljbug,

I have found a lot of support and help on the post entitlied "Why He hasn't healed me" under the prayer request forum here on hystersisters. Early in my recovery I cried a lot too. My doctor did prescribe some antidepressants--I ended up not taking them, but you might want to talk with your doc about your emotions because he/she may think they'll help and they really can be helpful. I, too, got sad at church today because I'm having really bothersome symptoms. Anyway that forum I told you about is awesome and has so many replies from women with unshakeable faith--hopefully, it will encourage you too--and the rest of you that are reading this.
Unread 04-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by belljbug
Ladies-that are in pain all the time..... Please talk to me about how you "cope". I am not coping well. I cry ALL the time. I don't like taking the pain pills because they make me feel "high". I have limited interaction with my beautiful family because I hurt so much. I can see the hurt in their eyes when they ask me how I feel and if I am okay? I don't do any of the things I love anymore. Reading, watching movies, going to the beach. I even had to leave church today. Nothing because I am either in pain or afraid the pain will come back. And I keep hoping just maybe the pain will eventually go away? My faith is in God and for healing I am just getting weary.... How do you get through the day?
When I started having to take pain killers I would pray and ask God to help the pill just be used for the pain. It worked everytime for over a month each day. Back in 2005 when I had the same scenario going on I would feel messed up all day all and it affected my work. My mind wasn't clear at all. I know how you feel and will pray for you and your family.
Unread 04-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Adhesions anyone??

First off, I do not want to minimize the pain anyone is dealing with, but I just have to tell my story. When I was in the ICU after my surgery (I had breathing complications from the morphine) I was an hour and 45 minutes out from being able to have pain medication and my hips and my lower back hurt so bad I didn't even notice the pain from my surgery. I said a prayer and turned my pain over to God and he took it away. I still had some pain, but not the agonizing, unbearable kind. The only pain meds I had after that was Percoset when the nurse said it was time and from then on ES Tylenol. With all the moving, and testing, and everything else the day of my surgery, I have no other explanation of how I could have gone from excrutiating pain to next to nothing other than God. Everyday the nurses would ask if I needed anything for pain, and the only answer I had to give was that God had taken care of it.
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Adhesions anyone??

that is an amazing story. Mine seems to be the complete opposite, but I know that God was helping me through as well. Just in a different way.
Unread 04-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Adhesions anyone??

Quote:
I am having the same problem, but I am 6 wks out. I saw the DR and he didn't want to believe that I am still in so much pain. It is equal to pain from wk 2. DR said ultrasound for me and if nothing showed up then I would have to have colonoscopy and take some pain management classes. I went for the US yesterday and it looks like I have endo/adhesions again. There was also a lot of blood all around my remaining ovary. I had endo back in 2005, but nothing this time around. I did some research and found out that it is possible to get endo even if uterus and ovaries and removed.
It was the same for me. At 6 weeks out, I started to feel like all the pain from prehysterectomy was coming back again especially on my left side. The difference for me is that I kept putting off going back to the doctor. The hysterectomy was the second surgery he had done on me in 6 months, and I thought he is just going to think I'm crazy coming back this soon and telling him I'm in pain. I kept telling myself I'd call if it still hurt in a month. Another month would go by, the pain would be worse, and I would still be telling myself to wait just one more month. Finally, I got up the courage to make an appointment at 4 months postop. Did he think I was crazy? No! I worried for nothing. He said right off, you probably have adhesions and started naming about 4 different things from my past medical history that could lead to those. Of course, he also sent me for an U/S to see if something would come up, and there were 4 cysts. So, I went through 6 weeks of taking OCPs to shrink the cyst, hoping that would solve the problem. Six weeks later all but one cyst was gone, but the pain was worse and so we are back to possible adhesions and the return of endometriosis as the cause. There were endometrial implants when he did the hysterectomy, so I think he recognizes that is a strong possibility.

I am desperately trying to avoid another surgery. I'm trying Celebrex now for the pain. I didn't want Darvocet or Vicodin at the time, but I regret turning them down now. The Celebrex I can only take at night because within an hour and am out cold and it also only seems to work for about 6 of the 12 hours it is supposed to and every night I'm awakened at about 3 a.m. by the pain.

Quote:
I didn't cope very well at all for many months. I really felt sorry for myself, thinking after 2 surgeries in 6 months and still being in pain, all was hopeless. I had given up on doing all the things I used to like to do like walking or going to amusement parks. It hurt too much. What finally did it for me was running into a woman I've known for years, the mother of one of my daughter's friends, in Target and her telling me she was just diagnosed with Stage III breast cancer. Nothing about this woman was changed. She was still as involved and energetic as ever. She still had her spiritual beliefs and faith in God. She's facing a year of radiation and chemotherapy and she's telling me all these long term goals -- I'm getting my degree. I'm going to build a staircase off my upstairs balcony next year so I can get to my hot tub without going through the house. She was just so positive and so unchanged by this diagnosis, you would think she had been told she had no more than a common cold. After that, I couldn't feel as sorry for myself. I realized that I was wasting life letting the pain get the better of me and I needed to reclaim that zest for life. I started walking again -- it hurts but I'm doing it. Now, this is just MY example of how I got over the hump, I certainly don't mean it as a lecture. I think different people find different ways to cope and I'm sure that you will find a way that helps you. I am hopeful for you.
Unread 04-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Adhesions anyone??

I just got my US results from my DR, he said that I have a chocolate cyst on the remaining ovary. I will have to have another US in a month. I have been that norcos everyday again and have started to use the heaing pad. DR finally allowed a refill on my prescription because he now knows that I am not making things up so I can go sell drugs on the street.
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Adhesions anyone??

menoherone- Thank you, thank you
I go tomorrow for my CTScan, again, haha.. hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. Isn't it crazy how we hope something shows up just so we can tell the doctors we really aren't nuts? (Or drug dealers) I've said over and over, if my doctor could just feel this pain for 1 day, or even 1 hour, he would understand just a little and not think I'm a coo coo bird. I do agree that most nights I would not have been able to get through without a lot of praying and praying and then praying some more. I hope everyone on here feels much better soon. I know there's at least one place I can go where EVERYONE understands what I'm going through!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register