48 hours post op in Arizona | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

48 hours post op in Arizona 48 hours post op in Arizona

Unread 04-23-2008, 06:53 PM
48 hours post op in Arizona

I am home from the castle exactly 48 hours from surgery and DH is already showing signs of stress.

My stay inside the castle was nice. I had a morphine drip for the first 24 hours, changed to percecet for the last 24 hours.

Doctor said my uterus was in good condition but my extremely heavy mensus prooved the need.

I am happy for my decision despite the swelly belly afterwards. We took my back brace and lowered it around my hips for support. Couldn't afford the belly band and my boobuster pillow has been wonderful. It's cloth (I took extra fabric and lace from my wedding dress) sewn into a pocket, with five cups of rice (The bag is ~8"x10", and it's 1 inch deep, and weighs about a pound. Adjust to your taste, keeping in mind it's going on somewhere very sore) so it can freeze and heat (in the microwave, be careful.) and does a decent weight against my cramps.

Doctor said one other thing. That having all this done could stop my problematic constant bladder infections.

I curled up in my bed, my crown set aside for now and my babies (cats) are all around me.

I will write again soon, DH is doing dictation for the moment.

With love
Hyster sister in AZ
Mme of Achilles
TVH 4-21-08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 06:57 PM

Glad to hear your home. Rest, rest, rest! It helped me the first couple of days. Take care
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeofAchilles
I am home from the castle exactly 48 hours from surgery and DH is already showing signs of stress.

My stay inside the castle was nice. I had a morphine drip for the first 24 hours, changed to percecet for the last 24 hours.

Doctor said my uterus was in good condition but my extremely heavy mensus prooved the need.

I am happy for my decision despite the swelly belly afterwards. We took my back brace and lowered it around my hips for support. Couldn't afford the belly band and my boobuster pillow has been wonderful. It's cloth (I took extra fabric and lace from my wedding dress) sewn into a pocket, with five cups of rice (The bag is ~8"x10", and it's 1 inch deep, and weighs about a pound. Adjust to your taste, keeping in mind it's going on somewhere very sore) so it can freeze and heat (in the microwave, be careful.) and does a decent weight against my cramps.

Doctor said one other thing. That having all this done could stop my problematic constant bladder infections.

I curled up in my bed, my crown set aside for now and my babies (cats) are all around me.

I will write again soon, DH is doing dictation for the moment.

With love
Hyster sister in AZ
Mme of Achilles
TVH 4-21-08
Welcome! Rest is #1....some of us are still doing it six weeks out!

HysterHugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 07:40 PM

Hey AZ sister!!!

I am in Tucson also

I'm glad your home and doing well! Rest up!

Starbgirl
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:45 PM

It's so nice to have furry purries for company ; )
take good care of yourself - i wish you a speedy recovery
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:52 PM

Hey sister in Arizona- I too am in Tucson. wonder if we were at the same castle.

Rest cause it will be worth the wait. Life is good without girl parts.

Yell if you need something.....Ilene
Unread 04-23-2008, 08:01 PM

Sister's here in Tucson, so glad to have you!
Thank you everyone else as well.
Got my DH to do my typing so far, he just reads me my posts.

I was in St. Joe's Castle. HAd my own room in the tip top of the tower my hours there. I miss it all ready but ehy at home I can have all the tea and cranberry juice I want.

I'm up at Wilmot and Speedway myself!
Unread 04-23-2008, 08:55 PM

I was in St Joe's too! I was there for 1 night in Nov with my TVH and then for 9 days in Feb when I had my second surgery. I also had my own room (thank gosh!!). I hope to never go back though - LOL!!!

I am in Rita Ranch.

Hugs to you,

Starbgirl
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:00 AM

I was at the tmc castle. I work there in the psych hospital and was afraid they were going to take me there afterwards.

All and all a good stay I was there for five days because of my body not cooperating, internal bleeding, fever and high heart rate and bp.

Happy to have tucson sisters!!!!

DH how you holding up? mine was amazing slept in the hospital every night.
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:40 AM

I am in Tucson too, St. Joes soooooo glad to be home!!! I am 7 days out but it is still rough going, Each day gets better, morning is the worst, evenings are great especially with this wonderful weather, we are opening up all the doors and windows and loving it! Boyfriend is home with my full time (who knew he would be laid off at just the right time!) so I am thankful, going on my first outing to the store in a minute, using a wheelchair so we will see.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register