Anyone 2 months post-op?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone 2 months post-op?? Anyone 2 months post-op??

Unread 04-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Anyone 2 months post-op??

Just wondering how everyone who had surgery back in Feb is doing?

I'm getting better - not really pelvic pain just general abdominal pain but getting these stomach muscles to heal is awful. It causes so much discomfort and is not letting up. Hopefully will start feeling normal soon (or at least be able to exercise a little bit!) I am so amazed by those who are able to go the gym right now!! I swam last Sunday for 15 minutes and am really paying the price this week.

How are my Feb sisters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 04:08 PM

MonLee- Hi. I had my surgery 2/20. I am doing pretty well, although Tuesday I had a horrible day emotionally. I still get pinches and pains sometimes. It's weird. I can do big things- like build a raised garden bed- and I'm fine. Then I do little things- like play "swimming" with my daughter- and I hurt. This week I have been having some period symptoms...not fun, but WAY BETTER than what period symptoms used to mean. Mainly it's been brief feelings of crampiness, the PMS thing on Tuesday, and some back pain today that was short-lived but felt just like my back pain I got when I had my period. I am SO THANKFUL for no more periods!

Hope your discomfort goes away soon. I think we'll all be happy when our hormones and bodies are back to normal. I know I will.

clori22
Unread 04-24-2008, 04:39 PM

Hi MonLee, I too had Surgery in Feb. At 3 weeks I was diagnosed with a pelvic hematoma. I felt something was not right at 1 week post op I was having way too much pain and pressure on my bladder and bowels. They did a Ultra sound and the Hematoma was about 9cm. That slowed the recovery for sure....I still have low back pain, hip pain and burning in my upper legs if I stand too long or walk too far. My stomach is still bloated and when I stretch in the morning it hurts....I still have burning pain when I urinate and sometimes it feels like there is so much pressure, everything will fall out....My OBGYN gave me the all clear that all was healing well...the last Ultra sound shows the hematoma is about 1/2 the size now....but things are still not 100 percent .....If you are having alot of discomfort you should consider checking this with your Doc ...regarding Hematoma as I am told it is a pretty commom complication after Hysterectomy....I hope you are back to feeling better soon.....I too cannot get to excersizing yet....short walks is all I am doing for now...Take Care from Spring18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 04:44 PM

Hi MonLee, I had surgery on Feb 22 & also am doing pretty well. Certaily, there have been days when I am really tired, but it is more due to be doing more than I usually do, than directly related to the surgery.
I have been on some Estrogen tabs for just over a week now to ease hot flashes & night sweats etc ... the 1st 3 or 4 days were much worse than I had ever had, but everything is starting to settle down, which helps general feelings of wellbeing too.
But the best thing of all, is no more periods. Yippee !!

LAVH, BSO
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:28 PM

Hi Monlee

I guess we are all in the same boat I had LAVH Feb 27th, just nigglies now when I do too much, find that if I sit at my desk for too long then I ache, but if I then walk around it goes away, went for my first walk with the dog last weekend and ached for a while afterwards, and still can't vacuam the carpet but can do the timber floors.

those tummy muscles certainly complain, other then that I feel great. I have no ovaries now so am on Climara 100mg and a Vaginal Pressary, all is fine, still getting some hot flushes (Aussie term) but no mood swings.

Only thing that is annoying me is the entrance to the vagina is still tender, like it is chafed, no pain inside though - will talk to the Dr about this next week.

I think that each week we will see improvements and it is just nice to be able to start to resume normal activities, as to going to the gym, I DON"T think so YET!!!..I can just imagine me there, I would be collapsing in a matter of minutes.

Oh well maybe by June.

Kezza
Unread 04-24-2008, 06:38 PM

Dear Monlee;

Yup, had a TAH/SBO on Valentines day! So today makes 10 weeks. I am feeling fine. I have most of my energy back and don't feel anything wierd inside.

When I lift something heavy, I will sometimes get a twinge in my tummy, but not often. I can tell my swelly belly has gone down alot in the last week. Now, unfortunately, whats left is truly 'all me' and I have to get with my walking program and lose some weight. That in itself will help my depression I think.

Have NO libido in the last couple weeks. Dr. has me taking Estradiol and I don't have any menopause symptoms, just no interest in sex. Totally unfamiliar territory for me, and it worries me.

Let's keep talking.

Laurel
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:39 PM

Hi February Sisters, I will be 8 weeks tomorrow, and I just moved my tampons and pads to the guest bathroom, YIPPEE. It is finally sinking in that I won't need them every again I am doing pretty well. I still get tired after busy days, and my abdomen aches if I stand too long.....like 2 hours holding horses for the farrier. I also did some dog training yesterday with my 75 pound 10 month old lab and I have been sore all day from that. Other than that, I have been exercising since 5 1/2 weeks and walking about 2 miles almost daily. That has helped with my endurance but I still have a ways to go.

Kezza, I have the same issues with sex, it only hurts upon entry. Nothing hurts inside. My Dr. said that it sounds like lubrication issues. I also plan to get my estrogen levels checked soon. I am on both estrogen and progesterone, they have been a lifesaver.

Nice to hear from everyone
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:24 PM

Hello MonLee & Feb. sisters,
I had a TAH on 2/29/08, so tomorrow will be 8 weeks.
I've had short-lived PMS feelings too, but it didn't dawn on me at first what was wrong with me when I suddenly started crying & felt depressed. It was a few weeks after surgery, and thankfully it passed quickly. That hasn't happened since then, but I have felt the cramping and lower back pain, which only lasted about a day!

I still have abdominal pain, especially if I do much. I'm trying to walk a mile each day (most days anyway). Some days I have energy, and some days I don't. Monday (4/28) will be my first day back at work. I'm not looking forward to it.

It does help to know that these things we're still going through are 'normal'.

Take care everyone!

Margie
Unread 04-24-2008, 10:02 PM

hellospring 18
I am also 8 weeks post op.and having the same issues as yourself. cramps, lower back pain, some moodiness
(just because i am so bothered with all these aches and pains. ) otherwise ive been very upbeat and "stable" as my hubby would say. lol, poor guy. I think he is waiting on the other shoe to drop and me to be depressed. (something i have always struggled with.....feeling much better on that front due to a great female doctor... and 40 mgs of celexa.
my main issues from day one has been bowel pain and pressure, bloat.
still suffering from bladder and urithra pain, major pressure and pain when voiding, feels like someone is pulling my urthira with a pair of pliers and everything is going to fall out.
my original diagnosis was a 5 cm hematomic mass on my left overy, the mass had grown blood supplies from my bladder, and bowels so it was more then the normal total abdominal hysterctomy.
i am gion to a diffrent doctor tommorrow. maybe they will be a little more helpfull. GOD BLESS US ALL! -kim
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:54 PM

I had my hyster on February 12, 2008, so I am just over 10 weeks post op. I am feeling pretty good. I have been very busy the last month. My DH and I flew out to CA and packed my mom (she has breast cancer) up and moved her to CO at the beginning of April. I was exhausted and sore, but did ok. I started back to work on April 15. I have a very active job - it's much more of a workout than going to the gym. I do heavy lifting, lots of bending, reaching, walking, and pushing and pulling heavy pallets of stuff all over the place. I am tired and get twinges of pain, but doing ok. I have had some burning pain a couple of inches above my incision on both sides for about a month now. Was wondering if it may be "phantom pain" from my ovaries?? I am on a Climara patch. Feeling great hormonally, but get skin irritation from the patch. They tried me on Premarin pills but I didn't like the way I felt on them.

I am getting to the point where I forget I even had the surgery done. I guess that means I am feeling pretty good!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register