Age 30 and younger? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Age 30 and younger? Age 30 and younger?

Unread 04-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Age 30 and younger?

Having a LAVH next week. Just curious how many others are 30 and under? All my friends that are my age are freaked out by me having a hyst at 30!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Age 30 and younger?

I'm going through the same thing... Just turned 30 and am having a TAH in two weeks. Alot of my friends are freaked out about my age. I just tell them its better now than if I was 20 years older, less complications and hopefully a faster recovery!

Good luck next week!
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Age 30 and younger?

I'm 29 and had a TAH BSO last week. My friends were freaked out as well, but I'm fine with things and very happy with my decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Age 30 and younger?

I am 25 and having a hyst on Saturday! My Dr was very concerned about it since I was so young and people are freaking out on me too... But I am surprised at how many people on here are so young!
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Age 30 and younger?

I am 27 years old and will be having my hyster July 23rd! Everybody wants me to get a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion! However, I trust my doctor more than anything and dont really care about the freak outs anymore! I am just ready to stop bleeding and have no more pain!!!
Unread 04-25-2008, 05:26 AM
Age 30 and younger?

I am only 32 and just had mine six weeks ago. People tend to freak out if you are not 40 or over and having this done. Good luck to you. And let me tell you. The younger you are I think the better. Recovery for me was no picnic but I did heal up nicely and quickly. I am back to my life and only six weeks out.
Unread 04-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Age 30 and younger?

I'm 29 and I'm just waiting for the doc to call with my date for the OR. People were really freaked out when I told them that I would be having a hysterectomy because I am so young. But it is the best option for me and thankfully I already have 4 beautiful boys and I had my tubes tied back in September so we were done with having children(even though I would love a little girl shhhhh) Having this done at 29 was not a concern for me, I just want to live a pain free life but my younger sis thinks that it's gonna hit me hard soon that I am having a hysterectomy..............oh I hope not. It is more easy to deal with when you know that your not the only one that this is happening too.
Unread 04-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Age 30 and younger?

I am 32 and had mine 3 weeks ago. Friends do freak out, but the thing is, my mom had the same issues I was having and a TVH at 28. I think it is more common than some know. My Dr. was all abut telling me over and over again that I wouldn't be able to have kids, and I finally said "okay I get it, why keep repeating it?" He said there have been cases where women have tried to SUE their Drs. after a hyster. because they "didn't realize" it would mean no more kids. UH HELLO!
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Age 30 and younger?

Hey, I'm 25 and waiting for a surgery date still. Sometime in the next 4 months. I'm getting a TAH for lotsa fibroids.
It seems to bother the doctors a lot that I'm so young, understandably I guess, and yeah, they keep telling me I won't be able to have kids. Or that they don't want to do it in case I later decide I want kids. I won't exactly be able to decide that without my uterus will I? lol
But seriously, the longer I wait the more nuts I go. My last doc appointment confused me more than I had been before. He kept going on about the kids thing, when at my previous appointment he'd been going on about how unlikely it was that I'd be able to carry full-term anyways. The one time I got pregnant it near killed me and I miscarried within a few days...
Anyways, I figure it's better to deal with this now so I can get on with my life than to try to cope for the next 20 years until I'm a more reasonable age to deal with it. It's a huge thing to be dealing with, but I also don't want to live in this huge fibroid induced misery any longer than I have to!!
Best of luck to all you other young'uns!!!
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Age 30 and younger?

I am 30 and had a TVH for muiltple issues on April 8. I got the same reaction as you did, people freaking because I was so "young"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register