Anyone taken Celebrex for adhesion pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone taken Celebrex for adhesion pain? Anyone taken Celebrex for adhesion pain?

Unread 04-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Anyone taken Celebrex for adhesion pain?

I'm not sure where to post this question as it really isn't postop per se and I'm not far enough along to ask it in the "Road Less Travelled" forum. Hopefully, the moderators will move it to a more appropriate location if this isn't the right place.

I was just wondering if anyone has taken Celebrex for pain from possible adhesions. My doctor offered me Vicodin or Darvocet, but I didn't want anything that I could potentially become dependant upon. He then offered me 200 mg of Celebrex twice a day. We are going to try this for 2 weeks to see if we can hold off on another surgery (#3 in a year), but I have never heard of taking this for adhesions that have already formed. I found many references to taking Celebrex temporarily after surgery to prevent adhesions, however.

I would appreciate any input from others, good or bad experiences.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 05:42 AM

CAmich,

Are you sure it's Celebrex? That is suppose to be off the market, I took it before I had my hip replaced for the 2nd time. Please check your label. Celebrex is for bone pain. Let us know please.
Unread 04-25-2008, 06:39 AM

I too use to take celbrex for pain and was told it was taken off the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 11:37 AM

It is definitely Celebrex! I also thought that was taken off the market but apparently not. In fact, the patient information handout specifically addresses that and states that Celebrex was never taken off the market. I think they were allowed to continue to market it, but it had to carry a warning label about potential cardiac risks.
Unread 04-25-2008, 03:56 PM

I have and it really did help. I was told that adhesion pain is very similar to arthritic pain and that is why it helps.
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:01 AM

Can you guys tell me what adhesions is and what the pain is like. Also can you do something to stop it. I keep thinking it is where something attaches to something else and I was wondering is walking is good so it doesn't happen. Last night my DH and I were talking about the surgery, like where did they stitch me inside. Why do where my ovaries were hurt if they were attached to the uterus and gone. Hubby said, you have all these blood vessels etc. that they have to cut? Or how about under your belly button, why do I feel pain and burning there. Is it muscles or did they have to stitch me there. The only place I can think that they stitched me was the bottom which holds all my stuff in I know I must be weird for thinking this stuff, but I am very inquisitive

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register