Questions about CT scan prep - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions about CT scan prep Questions about CT scan prep

Unread 04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Questions about CT scan prep

oh oh..I have started to run to the bathroom - and I have to leave shortly to drive to the hospital! I wonder how I am going to do that if I need to be on the loo?

Oh boy - this is the worst part - not the drink but needing to go to the bathroom and drive a car!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 11:07 AM

Same here. It was making my stomach rumble and running out.

Menoherone - I asked the receptionist for a copy of my report and showed my id. I will do the same thing tomorrow with my CT scan. I am taking matters in my own hands. jb
Unread 04-28-2008, 01:18 PM

scanis over and I anm home. I am still full of loud and smelly gas though,,,and so am very glad to be home, alone, with my dog <grin..> now the wiat for results.

Jax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 01:42 PM

I'm gald you made it through jax. I remember being happy to be home alone also - LOL!!!!

Happy passing

I hope your results are good!

Starbgirl
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:27 PM

I had to have a CT scan done this past week...the barium sulfate suspension that I had to drink was to bottles about 16 ounces each..one the day before and one an hour before. Although I worked myself up over it..i was pleasantly surprised that it was not bad at all..it sort of tasted like a citrus thin milk shake. My only issue was that I was in so much pain and not eating normal..i was full and it was hard to do..but other than that it was fine. The day of the scan..you are asked to drink one more cup. ugh...I was having pain as well which is why my dr ordered it..we found out I had an infection after having two ultrasounds..so after 4 weeks from my surgery this past three days have finally been better. you sound like you are doing pretty good so far?...i am sure it will all be fine...good luck and keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax
Hi Everyone

Had my TAh on 02/04/08 - still have weird constant pain below my belly button (not near the surgery site at all...) and so they now want a CT scan. I have to drink something 3 hr and 2 hrs before the procedure (the pharmacist will give it to me to take home today).

I know it is hard to drinnk..but that is all I know - can others please share their stories so that i know what to expect etc?

And if you have any hints...

and - what if it the drink is just too much to fit into me (I hear it is HUGE)..or is it really ok?

Please let me know what you found to be true and how you dealt with it and what you wished you had known before doing the prep (so that I know it now before I do the prep!!)

Thanks
Jax.
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:38 PM
results from scan

Okay - I have my results from the CT scan this morning. All is normal - no findings.... Which means off to the next test next week on Wed. Colonoscopy. Remind me again - how bad is the prep??

jb
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:42 PM

yep..mine was just more like orange creamcicle flavor..and yes mine was redi-cat too...don't be worried..it's not bad!!
once in th eroom..they put an iv to inject the dye and the scan goes oh so quick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax
Ok - now I am worried that I did not get the correct prep for my CAT scan in a few hours - as it did not taste bad at all.

It is called Redi-Cat 2 Berry Smoothie and is fairly thin, white liquid that has only a faint taste - it was hard to pin down the taste but I decided it reminded me of the old candy necklaces - like they crushed just a few of these and put it in a slightly thick liquid (and I mean slightly).

I drank it cold with a straw but still - this was not a bad experience.

Does this sound like the right stuff????

Jax

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register