What a fast recovery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What a fast recovery What a fast recovery

Unread 04-26-2008, 01:00 PM
What a fast recovery

hi girls, i have been back to work now for 1 week after 6 weeks off. TLH on march 5th. It seems that if anyonehas had a hysterectomy VIA abdomen, they are healing way slower than the laproscopic ones ( few and far between)
I had like 8 little stitches on the belly button and on the bikini line and all the insides were taken out with hardly any pain only for 2 days. I did not even use tylenol only on occassion. My ob-gyn has this new technique that freezes the fibroids and uterus and lasers it out of the belly button area. I cannot imagine having mine out by vaginal or abdominal. Yesterday at work i had to wash pots and pans cause one of the workers called in.. Am I unusual for being able to work this much so quickly??
Are there any women who had little pain and said that they could go back and do anything after 6-7 weeks!!
My only lay back is that sex is painful and sore so I have to let that go, too dry for me and not enough ESTROGEN. prayers for all my sisters, love ya lots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2008, 01:29 PM
What a fast recovery

Quote:
It seems that if anyonehas had a hysterectomy VIA abdomen, they are healing way slower than the laproscopic ones ( few and far between)
Well, that may be what it feels like, but actually we all take the same amount of time to heal internally. My DR told me she actually prefers to do TAH's because those women tend to take it easy during their recoveries because they've got a large incision as a constant reminder that they just had major surgery, whereas those with less invasive hysts tend to feel great and forget that they are still healing inside and overdo it, causing themselves more problems later on.

I think six weeks is pretty much the standard amount of time before returning to work. It's best if you can make the transition back to work a gradual thing in terms of how much physical work you are doing. Remember, just because you look healed from the outside does not mean there aren't still tissues mending on the inside.

s,
-Linda
Unread 04-26-2008, 04:23 PM
What a fast recovery

Hey Donna!
Glad to hear you're doing so well! Just remember, despite the difference in procedure and technology used, your innards have been disrupted. Just be sure to take any breaks at work that you are allowed and when you are at home, take it real easy!
Love ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2008, 04:35 PM
What a fast recovery

I'm 6 wks out, TAH via DaVinci. I too had a great recovery and am back to work, with a lot of bending and lifting, but I know to listen to my body and take it easy. The first day I worked , I had to slow down because, "my special place" was hurting. I also arranged my schedule so I worked every other day..I had a text-book recovery..no bleeding or pain meds. However, I also took things slow because I knew that even though I had only 5 sm. scars outside, my insides were a mess. We have parts missing, and stiches to hold things together. Too much too soon will mess that up. I'm glad you're feeling good but remember to be careful.
Betty-Jo
Unread 04-26-2008, 07:46 PM
What a fast recovery

not a TAH--but a total --cervix/uterus gone..sorry couldn't let it stay like that, anal, I know.
Unread 04-27-2008, 01:42 AM
What a fast recovery

I had my op (Total) about a week and a half ago with a really quick recovery and not much pain. Basically Panadol since day 2 after the surgery. I only have 3 small scars on my abdomen and one in my bellybutton. However I think I have pushed it a little in the last couple of days. Because I was able to go for walks again and even shopping I thought I would scrub the kitchen and even lifted the oven door off to clean it. Hence I am now lying on the couch because my stomach has swollen a little bit and I'm a bit sore. I realise there is a lot going on internally and its best to take it slow! Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register