Trazodone anyone??? Insomnia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trazodone anyone??? Insomnia Trazodone anyone??? Insomnia

Unread 04-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Trazodone anyone??? Insomnia

Hey! I had a little insomnia beforer my TAH (4/14), and I took Ambien or just an over the counter sleep aid. My DR has prescribed me Trazodone, that's its generic name for Desyrel...it was a drug for depression, back in the day, My Mom took it for that eons ago...I was just wondering if anyone had had this drug before and if it works without making you feel like a zombie the next day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2008, 09:02 PM

SouthernSpice,

I have been using Trazadone now for about 2yrs for insomnia and I have never felt "drugged" or any other weird feeling, nor have I ever felt like a zombie. The reason my dr. prescribed it is because it is non-habit forming and can be taken for extened periods of time without serious side effects. Sometimes it works really well and sometimes it doesn't. If you're really concerned about taking it I would suggest talking to your dr. and asking alot of questions.

Bobbie In Idaho

TVH, anterior repairs and kept the O's!
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:04 AM

SouthernSpice,

I also have been on Trazadone now for about 2 years, I was put on it due to I didn't have any proplem falling asleep, but would be waking up every hour to half hour every night.

I also have never felt drugged, (only if I for some reason don't get enough sleep after taking it.) I have had no side effects while on it.

And also with me sometimes it works really well and other times it doesn't, I have went from 100 to 200 and 300 mg a night. I only take the 300 mg. when the other just doensn't seem to be doing its job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2008, 08:55 AM

I too have had Trazodone for several years (can't sleep due to anxiety). I don't feel drugged UNLESS I happen to take it too late and try to get up early and go to work. That has not worked so well for me. Otherwise I do not feel drugged.
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:39 PM

I took it about five years ago during a bout of serious insomnia. As the others have mentioned, if I had enough bed hours after taking it I felt just fine, not drugged at all. Gradually by the 3rd year it just no longer worked. I did not try increasing my dosage.
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Speaking of Trazodone... I plan to take some tonight. Last night was a horrible, sleepless night!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register