Hysterectomy dates Apr 28-May 05,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 28-May 05,2008 Hysterectomy dates Apr 28-May 05,2008

Unread 04-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 28-May 05,2008

If your hysterectomy was between Apr 28-May 05,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 28-May 05,2008

I am going home from the castle today! My surgery was monday 4/28/08. I arrived at the castle at 6 am went into surgery at 8 am don't remember anything after the anastesiaoloigist said this will put you to sleep. I woke up in recovery at about 3 pm they said my surgery lasted 3 hrs and everything went well. I was able to keep both of my ovaries. The fisrt day was not to bad the pain was managed well with the pain pump how ever after they removed the pain pump it was a comlpetly different story it too a long time to get the pain under control but once they did I felt much better. I had a problem with being constipated and the it went the total othere direction and I had to take immodum to make it stop. If all goes well I should be out of here this morning. The waiting was truely the hardest part!
Unread 04-30-2008, 06:16 PM

Had my LASH Monday - surprised dby how tired I am. My throat is extremely sore. I stopped the narcotics today - I hate the way they make me feel - very hyper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2008, 08:28 PM

had my TSH yesterday and I m writing from castle the first day and nite were tough re pain and gas. now that doc found good combo for pain relief,tylox and motrin, I am feeling alittle better.
make sure u have a light meal the night before a tv. I will elaborate more when I get either tomorrow or Friday thanx to all for support. arlosw
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:31 PM

oops .... that was Tah , not tv or TSH. I m typing on my iPhone and under influence of narcotics...sorry for typos. arlosw
Unread 04-30-2008, 10:44 PM

had my TVH, bladder tack & A&P repairs Monday bout 10am arrived home today (Thurs May 1) around 9.30am. Feel really great! No swelly belly, slight discharge - honestly did not think I would feel this good so quick. Started walking in hospital & a have done a few laps around our back yard already.

Only drama is the wind pain - hooley dooley that is NOT pleasant lol

Will pop back on later to check on everyone!

Hope every one is feeling ok!

Thank you to everyone in the pre op boards for your wonderful support!!

Yolly
xx
Unread 04-30-2008, 11:10 PM

Well I did make it home on 4/30. I was doing ok until I took an extra long nap and didn't take any pain meds and had this massive urge to pee. The pain was so bad I was shacking like crazy and managed to scare the heck out of my kids. Needless to say I will be paying more attention to my pain meds.
Unread 05-01-2008, 04:11 AM
Still in the Castle!

I had my TAH on Monday, and I don't remember much. I had a morphine pump which was awesome. On day two I just gave me so morphine before moving at it really helped. The most pain was when they make me walk. They took out my catheter, and I couldn't pee, after 11/2 hours and 5 nurses trying, they finally got it back in. That was the only time the pain made me cry. The gas has been easy coming out. Yesterday was a good day. I slept most of the time and they took out my pump and put me on percet. Today they try to take the catheter out again. I hope I can pee!

Good Luck to All!
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Home again:)))

Hello, sisters

I had my robotically assisted LSH (kept both ovaries and cervix) on 4/29/08. I've been home since yesterday and today I feel pretty good

The surgery lasted 3.5 hours (started at 11AM was done at 2:30), but I recovered from anestesia well with no nausea or vomiting. I was required to stay overnight and now I am very glad I did! I had a foley the first night which they took out at 4AM as per my very vocal requests.I was able to pee on my own , the bowels were making sounds, so I was sent home. I had very mild pain, only took pain killers twice.

BUT when I got home, I had a little surprise for me: gas pains hit me like a ton of bricks! I decided to eat "real food" instead of liquids of the past days, so I ate a piece of chicken. Well, it seemed to have cemented my bowels.Any movement there stopped , I started blowing up with gas, like a baloon and it drove me nuts! Then I remembered about chewing gum to start your bowels to move again.So, ther I was , chewing this gum like crazy. Well, it worked!!!

Today, I am better, gas pains are mildre, I had a tiny BM (better than nothing) and I feel pretty good.
I also have 5 small incisions, one of them is bigger and kinda dimpled, i guess it was from the big instrument. I think this new type of surgery rocks as my Doc said I only lost about 50cc of blood while removing a uterus size 20 weeks.
Thank you for listening and good recovery to all the princesses out there!
Unread 05-01-2008, 10:42 AM

Hello Sista's,
I'm back from the castle - spent 2 nights. Was having terrible cramping and bleeding right when I stepped into the hospital than as soon as i got all hooked up the iv's and such, I got a little scared. As soon as the "happy juice" kicked in they moved me to the OR - next thing I remember I was back in prep room and in terrible pain. I didn't expect that RIGHT after sugery! They gave me pain meds and it helped a lot. My surgery was about 3 hours. The nurses were great! I was mostly taken care of by student nurses and all were absolutely fabulous! The only problem I had was that the first night they gave me milk of magnesia (SP?) and than another dose for breakfast. It cause TERRIBLE gas and bloating and so the majority of the pain was from that. I ended up with diarrea all day. It sucked. They obviously didn't give me any more lax since I did not need it. The gas pains still are horrible and Gas X does not work for me. Any other ideas???? Happy to be home in my bed with my golden retreiver content layin next to me. Thank you everyone for the great support! Here's to great health!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register