blood test all off and blood in bladder | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

blood test all off and blood in bladder blood test all off and blood in bladder

Unread 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
blood test all off and blood in bladder

Hi sisters,
I went for my 4 week check up last Tuesday and explained to my DR the pain I'm still having. He did an internal and send me 3 feet of the table when he touched a specific area on my belly and up in there. He then did a bladder test, urine test and blood test. Just to be sure he gave me antibiotics. It turns out that I don't have a UTI or any infection, but all the bloodtests came back 1 or 2 points higher than usual and I have blood in my urine. The pain in my lower abdomen has not subsited yet and there is still pain when I lay completly straight in my right groin area, I also have problems (little pain) when I sit down. The nurse didn't know what is going on when I called, but I still have the CAT scan to go to on Wednesday and don't have a new appointment until May 7th. I tried to find out by myself on the internet since the nurse could not answer any questions and my DR was in the OR. Does anyone have any idea or has heart about this? I hope my sisters can help me out here and give me some advise. Thanks a lot in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 03:25 PM

Hi Sonja

It's usually not a good idea to take your symptoms to the internet for diagnosis. It can scare you half to death needlessly. It is best to save the work for the medical staff. Now, once I get a diagnosis, I am all over the web, but even then try to stick with the reputable sites,.

It sounds like your is actively trying to find answers for you. May 7 seems like a long ways off, but it is really just around the corner. My experience has been that if anything bad is found, they get back to you much quicker.

I hope they find the answers you need quickly with as little testing as possible.

s and Best Wishes,
Kay
Unread 04-29-2008, 06:26 AM

Good morning Kay,
thanks for your reply. I didn't selfdiagnose on the internet or I would have not come to hystersister for questions or looking for someone with similar symptoms. If I would have selfdiagnosed I would go crazy by now, but as I said in my origninal post, I don't have enough information from the nurse to find any answers. I did, like so many sisters before me, put out my symptoms and waited for anybody with similar symptoms to answer or give me some advise, help or just somebody who writes back with a little prayer.
Nothing else, I don't think any of us is trying to give a diagnosis or get one on this website. It is helpful to read what other experiences are and how other people deal in the "same" situation.
Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2008, 08:37 AM

I also had blood in my urine sample but mine was due to a bladder infection. I hope your Dr finds an answer soon. May 7 does sound like a long way away but you'll get the answers you need then. Are you in pain? If so and it keeps up I would call your Dr back maybe they could get you in sooner. Keep us posted! Best wishes
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:42 AM

Hi Sonja

I am terrible about trying to self-diagnose. I had trouble with my fingernails one time, and after reading pages and pages was convinced I was dying from some obscure rare disease!!!!!

I guess that's why I was trying to deter you from doing that. I hope I didn't offend you.

I'm so sorry you are having this pain. I do hope that you feel better soon. Hopefully someone will be along soon to share their experience.

s and Best Wishes,
Kay
Unread 04-29-2008, 11:14 AM

KAY M: Thanks for your kind words. No I was not offended. I called my DR again yesterday and they said they would call back today. It's 12.06 pm and no call yet. My DR is terrible with call backs, or better say, I'm terrible waiting for those return calls.

sw34: I do not have a UTI or infection of any kind, that was the only normal blood test result the nurse gave me. Yes, the pain is always there and the DR knows that. I have to go to the hospital for the Cat scan, and tomorrow was the only open appointment and I jumped on it. It just takes several days to read it and to be send to my DR and then to get an appointment with him. I'm hoping the next few days will fly by quickly, I'm keeping myself very busy. Thanks for your concern.
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:03 PM

Sonya - you might find that if your CT scan shows a problem that they call you earlier. I know they told me several days for the answer aslo with mine but each time they called within an hour of the test when there was a problem.

I hope they find the source of the trouble soon and get you an the road to happy and comfortable healing!!

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 04-30-2008, 07:58 AM

well, thank you starbgirl, that is very good to know. So for the first time I really do not want my DR to call me. Thanks for your wishes, best to you too.
By the way, the nurse called yesterday at 3 pm to let me know that the DR has not been in the office all day, due to sickness. I wonder what took her so long to call me with that info. But she said she will call today, who knows.?!?!?!?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register