What was I thinking????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What was I thinking????? What was I thinking?????

Unread 04-28-2008, 08:38 PM
What was I thinking?????

What was I thinking today when I drank that yummy ice filled glass of coke?!?! Ye gads! my poor belly didn't know what to think other than that it wanted it out rigth away!

I haven't had any gas issues until I drank that bloody coke today!

Oh what was I thinking?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 08:52 PM
What was I thinking?????

I did the same thing with an orange pop last week.
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:17 PM
What was I thinking?????

it gets better right? I am a week post op tomorrow and still finding it hard to walk around and sleep comfortably...not taking any meds (had more than my share in the "castle") which by the way the nurses at my castle weren't exactly the best with their bedside manner...on one day not one nurse checked on my until the late afternoon.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 10:16 PM
What was I thinking?????

Hi! First off...NO way-that is horrible! Nurses should have been checking on you on a regular basis! It does get better slowly. I drank a diet orange pop today, with no problems. I'm trying to stay away from regular cola, because I LOVE coke/pepsi. If I had that, I would be drinking the "real" stuff before you know it. I'm trying to avoid the calories and caffeine. As for sleep, it still sucks (pardon my french). It's midnight and I am awake. I have such problems falling asleep and staying asleep. Luckily for me, tomorrow is my 2 week post-op day. I would love to be able to sleep through the night again! Good luck with your post-op tomorrow! Maybe we can compare what we learned from our pre-ops.
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
What was I thinking?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasisters
it gets better right? I am a week post op tomorrow and still finding it hard to walk around and sleep comfortably...not taking any meds (had more than my share in the "castle") which by the way the nurses at my castle weren't exactly the best with their bedside manner...on one day not one nurse checked on my until the late afternoon.....

Yes, indeed it will get better. Before you know it what you are dealing with on a daily issue now will be a thing of the past. Just take it slowly one day at a time and you will be fine.
Have you tried a pillow between your legs if you sleep on your side or one under your legs if you sleep on your back or a body pillow so that you can lift up areas. I do remember the first couple of weeks of trying to get comfy. It is not easy but hang in there Bellasister !
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
What was I thinking?????

I snuck a diet mountain dew into the castle. LOL I drank it the day after surgery, slowly, letting it go flat mostly. It tasted sooooooo good. I'm a total addict.

It gets better, hang in there.
Unread 04-29-2008, 07:24 AM
What was I thinking?????

girl, GAS is fierce...no joke. its worse than surgical pain. what were u thinking....????b good 2 ur self, drink juice. best wishes., mo
Unread 04-29-2008, 07:52 AM
What was I thinking?????

I drank a Coke last night with dinner and the gas was fine, but I swear I was awake ALLLLLLL night last night.
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:31 AM
What was I thinking?????

Take some Gas X. It really helps with the gas pressure . It does get better. I hope you all feel better soon!
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:36 AM
What was I thinking?????

I developed a horrible headache on the 2nd postop day, it wasn't the morphine, it wasn't the spinal...it was caffiene withdrawal!!! I had my little man-servant bring me a nasty very hot coffee which I diluted with ice water and downed as fast as I could.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register