post-op weight loss - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post-op weight loss post-op weight loss

Unread 04-29-2008, 08:39 PM
post-op weight loss

I noticed that the first week most of my intake of food was pills, applesauce, pudding and broth. So I dropped 7 lbs. My food is better now but I'm still taking the OTC softners as I get horrible stomach cramps and then the constipation when I eat anything normal size. I've gained 2 lbs back - now mind you they could of stayed away but not really. By FDA standards my 135lb is overweight to my 5'2 height.

If you keep on dropping weight and your eating habits and bathroom habits are back to normal - I would talk to your PCP since your GYN isn't to interested.

GSfromTx
TVT,LVH and chlorrhaphy on 4/8/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2008, 09:04 PM
post-op weight loss

Hi all I have lost a total of 27lbs and have kept it off, I am eating but not out of control. I am back at work and doing pretty darn good. Good luck all
Unread 04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
post-op weight loss

I lost five pounds in the days before surgery, and another five after that. My surgery was on the 9th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2008, 06:42 AM
post-op weight loss

I'm one week post-op and have lost 5 pounds. I'm still really swollen in the abdomen so I am still carrying around a lot of water weight. Prior to my surgery my hormones were playing havoc with water retention. My Dr said that the pathology report will have the weight of the uterus so we'll see. I would think that the bigger the uterus the higher the weight loss.
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
post-op weight loss

I lost 7 lbs by my two week post-op and am down about 10 at almost 8 weeks. I had to wear a belt to work today!!! OK I had to loosen it for the swelly belly by the end of the day

No complaints here.
Gigi
Unread 05-01-2008, 09:49 AM
post-op weight loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyroll68
Has anyone lost any weight post-op? I had a TAH on 4/3/08 and at my 2wk check-up I lost 7lbs and had to go back a week later to have my incision checked after I scratched it open and lost another 4lbs. The Dr. didn't seem concerned but I am.

I had surgery in late November, and I too started losing weight. Some of it was due to diet, not pigging out on junk food because of PMDD, but not all. I noticed in Feb that not only was I still losing weight with no effort at all, but that I was also thirsty a lot.

A fasting blood sugar test showed that I have developed type 2 diabeties.

If the weight loss continues for no reason you can figure, or other symptoms develop, I would see your regular GP.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register