6.5 weeks, went back to work today. Feel horrible... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6.5 weeks, went back to work today. Feel horrible... 6.5 weeks, went back to work today. Feel horrible...

Unread 04-28-2008, 11:20 PM
6.5 weeks, went back to work today. Feel horrible...

I was cleared by my oncologist to go back to work today. I am a waitress, so I had to wait quite a while before I could life trays and plates, etc. I was so excited to finally be at work today, and even offered to "close" lunch, which meant I worked from 11 - 4:30. Work went well, and it felt good to be back. However...

When I got home, I felt really crappy. I ate "dinner" at work, and even noticed when I was eating that I just didn't feel "right". But once I got home, i started feeling like I had full-on flu symptoms. My lower back is aching something fierce, my whole body just hurts, my incision area hurts (had a TAH on March 13), and I have absolutely no appetite and feel like I could throw up if I wasn't trying so hard not to. I also have the chills... I've basically been in bed all evening...

What I'm trying to figure out is if I have a flu bug, or if this is my body telling me that I over-did it today. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm supposed to work tomorrow at 11:00 as well, and know that I can't go in if I feel like this (plus if you have "stomach issues", you aren't allowed by state law to work...). But I REALLY need to work... And don't worry, IF I am able to go to work tomorrow, I will not close. So I'll only work from 11 - 2-ish...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2008, 12:42 AM

Hi there,
I hope by now youre starting to feel a little better & have maybe been able to rule out that its a growing stomach bug problem. Often the rest we've had at home & the activity level is sort of levelled out, then you go back to work & it sounds like you were doing lots of standing & walking about plus the level of concentration etc while youre at work can all add up to be extra tiring. But do hope that youre feeling better soon,
Lyn
Unread 04-29-2008, 06:22 AM

I have had similar symptoms when I overdo. But, I have arthritis in my back, too. Sounds as if 11-2 shift would be a good way to go for the next few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2008, 06:35 AM

Just popping in to say I hope you are feeling better. I've got two more weeks, and then....work. I have a desk job, though. Let us know how you are!
Unread 04-29-2008, 07:21 AM

hey there hope ur feelin btr. one thing that i hv consistently noticed about this type of surg (had a tah on 4.9.08) every day is diff. what feels good today may not tomorrow, so its hard to know when you've done too much or if something is wrong. sounds like u may need to scale back and ease ur self into wking >>>hrs. ck w/ur physician. hope ur boss is supportive. best wishes, mo
Unread 04-29-2008, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the well wishes... I am beginning to think that maybe this really is a flu bug. Sorry to get a little gross, but I've had diarrhea all night and morning, and still feel like I could throw up at a moment's notice. I was able to get some sleep last night because I took a Percocet (still had a few left from surgery). I was hoping I'd wake up this morning feeling better, but no luck. The more I move, the more sick I feel...

I just called my work and told them I wouldn't be coming in today. This really sucks because I was so excited to be back at work and I REALLY need the money. But I know if I went in today I would be no good, and I'd be afraid that I'd get sick on a table... Definitely not good! So I'm resting all day today and praying that I feel better tomorrow so I can work...
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:37 AM

its a dy 2 day sitution one day up the other "lower"... get rest, pray if u believe and hold on... were all in it now and i hv 2 believe that better things come in better times.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register