New to all this...glad to know I'm not alone. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to all this...glad to know I'm not alone. New to all this...glad to know I'm not alone.

Unread 07-28-2001, 10:01 PM
New to all this...glad to know I'm not alone.

A year ago (age 30) I went in for my annual pap and it came back abnormal. I had never had any problems, not even yeast infections. To make a long story short, in the past year I've had 2 colposcopies, 8 biopsies total, and a cone biopsy. The past two "follow up" paps were abnormal and now I have been told it is high grade cervical displasia and very possibly in my uterous. My Dr. is a wonderful woman who tells it like it is. She and I both thought this would be over with the cone, but 6 months later it is worse than it was before. She calls it "very extensive and possible invasive" and "the closest to caner you can get" We will be discussing a hysterectomy at my appt next week. My husband and I have decided it is the right thing to do, even though we hoped for another child. I'm not too worried about the surgery, but more so of how it's going to effect me afterwords. I'm still in shock of how this could be happening to me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2001, 03:08 AM

Hi Lynnette, welcome to hystersisters, cancer concern forum How can this be happening to me??? Oh gee the age old question. Unfortunately this can happen to any one and all the girls here have had some type of cancer scare, so we know what you are feeling right now. The best thing you can do is to be very informed about your condition and talk to your Dr as much as you need so that you can make the right decision.

It sounds as if this dyplasia is very stubborn. You sure have been through alot this past year. I hope that we can help you get through this, we are here for you always , take care and much love to you x x x
Unread 07-29-2001, 05:50 AM

Hi Lynnette,

Well you certainly have been through alot of tests this past year but it sounds as though you do have a great doctor who is keeping a good watch on things.

Dysplasia is a very common topic here in Cancer Concerns, and you can find a great deal of information from past threads by using the search button at the top of your screen, and searching by using the keyword dysplasia. These past discussions may help you in addition to the information you will get in replies here.

And yes we can all relate to the "how could this be happening to me" statement for sure. But as Robyn said you are not alone, and we will help you as best we can. Keep reading and posting any questions you think we may be able to help with Lynnette.

Big Hugs!!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2001, 12:32 PM

No, you are definately not alone here!! And you won't be alone as long as you are here with us!
The whole cancer issue is such a shock and you really have to let those emotions out before you can do anything. Whatever you may be feeling, let it out....it is so stressful in the beginning and keeping your thoughts inside will only make you crazy.
Please feel free to ask whatever is going through your mind. We are not doctors, but we can share our experiences with you and I'm sure that this will help in some way. We are all here for eachother!
Unread 07-29-2001, 06:12 PM

Thanks for all the kind words! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this site. I have been researching as much as I can about this, and the Hystersisters have taught me so much already. I'll be sure to keep you informed and I'll be asking a lot more questions once I get my surgery date.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Unread 07-30-2001, 06:55 AM

Hi, Lynnette!

So happy to have you join us! This can be a very nerve-wracking time to go through all the procedures and then still have it come back again just as strong. I had several procedures over the years and finally ended up here. At least there are some procedures I'll never have to have repeated again.

But now that it's over, I can say that I feel like myself again. It really took a few months to get there. To get used to the fact that I wouldn't be pregnant anymore. To figure out how to mark the passage of time since those monthly markers aren't there anymore (I never realized how much I used those to help me out). To get back all of my energy again. I still sleep more than I used to, but it may be that I'm just being more careful with my health now and eating and sleeping better. I really don't feel any different except for being more appreciative of my life and my family. I'm really taking the time to enjoy them.

So good luck with your appointment, and let us know when your surgery is scheduled. We're here if you need us.

Unread 07-30-2001, 07:19 AM

{{Lynette}}

So glad that your Dr is taking very good care of you. I know how scary hearing the word "Cancer" is but as everyone here can share with you, its not the cancer of even just 5 years ago. Times have certainly changed (for the better) and treatment options have gotten much more sophisticated and successful!

Please know we're here for you in any way we can be, to lend an ear, give a (cyber) {{hug}} or share our individual experiences. Let us know how the visit goes if you can. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register