Chemo #3 approaches | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chemo #3 approaches Chemo #3 approaches

Unread 07-29-2001, 06:46 AM
Chemo #3 approaches

Hi All ! Well this Thursday I am due for chemo #3 already. These three week cycles
seem to fly by. My WBC's and ANC were quite low this past week, so I am keeping my
fingers crossed for a quick rebound this week. Then on Saturday my entire extended
family heads to the beach for their annual week at the shore. I guess I'll be avoiding
the sun as well as the ocean water this year. But I plan on enjoying the company!!
Cyndy, I have been thinking of you often and hope you are feeling better.
Maria, I believe you have your second three month check up coming up this week. My
thoughts and prayers are with you.
oxoxoxoxkarenann ovcaIII
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2001, 07:20 AM
Chemo #3 approaches

Big Hugs ((((Karen))))))
So good to hear from you!!

I pray your cell count will be fine and you won't have to wait on your treatment. On a positive note, you will have this chemo round out of the way in time for your family get-together, but I soooo know what you mean about the time flying by in between the 3 weeks.

My problem was that I would feel so darn lightheaded at the end of my 5 day treatments it would take me a week to even start to feel better, and then I had like 2 good days where I really felt great, but then back to it again. I think they do that on purpose you know.....just to get on our one last nerve

I wish you well my friend with this round, and I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. Yes...you will have to avoid the sun I would think, but thats what big floppy hats were made for right

Thank you so much for remembering my checkup, yes its next Friday. I haven't chewed my nails off yet. I am feeling good about it! The blood tests are the thing I want to hear about. And that will take about 10 days after my actual appt. But....last time my beta count was 2 so I was pleased with that.

Just on another note:
Speaking of nails...have any of you other chemo sisters noticed a change in your nails since having chemo??? I never had decent nails. They were always soft and split easily...well....since having chemo, I have the greatest nails. Long and really hard. I love them.

Mind you its a heck of a way to get them...and I don't recommend it...but if its a side affect, its not a bad one to have. The strange thing is that if chemo destroys the hair cells..which we all know it does...aren't hair and nails kind of made of the same stuff?? And therefore I would think my nails would have taken a beating as well. Unless...all the energy from my hair cells went to my nails during chemo and made them stronger. science..just boggles the mind doesn't it!

Would be interested to know if any of you have found the same thing.
Again Karen, so good to hear from you!! Let us know how you make out, as well as how the family get-together went!!
Keeping you in my prayers for perfect cell counts, easy treatment and a wonderful week with the family!!!
Love and Hugs Karen,
Maria xoxo
Unread 07-29-2001, 08:21 AM
Chemo #3 approaches

Hi Karen Ann--

Thanks so much for remembering me -- I am feeling much better...

Just think, after this next chemo, you will be halfway there! That is an accomplishment. I found that the chemos got progressively easier -- I think your body gets used to the chemicals and it's not quite a jolt to your system. I found that I recovered from them more quickly also. The first two are the worst.

I haven't really noticed a change in my nails, Maria, but my hair has grown back much more wavy and dark. It first came in totally gray. When I went in last week to have it recolored, my stylist looked at my roots and said that the hair that is coming in now is the same color as the original coloring (with no gray - yippee!).
Very strange.

Good luck, Karen Ann -- just think of those chemicals as little warriors going into your body to make trouble for those cancer cells!

Love,

Cyndy :doggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2001, 12:21 PM
Chemo #3 approaches

This is so good that your first weeks have flown by. Keep up the good spirits and I will keep praying that the next treatments go by quickly too.
Unread 07-29-2001, 01:50 PM
Chemo #3 approaches

Hello Karenann, well .. no.#3 already I hope that everything goes smoothly for you. And you have a really great time at the beach. Much love always x x
Unread 07-29-2001, 11:06 PM
Chemo #3 approaches

{{karenann}}

Wow! I can't belive you're already almost half way done! Woo HOO! Congratulations! They certainly do go quickly don't they? I remember trying to pack as much activity into those two weeks off as I could. Not to mention any work I got behind on during a treatment week.

I'm so glad you're having an easier time than you did with the first. A question though on your blood work. Are you taking anything to help keep up the blood production? The reason I ask is that during both rounds of chemo, my oncologist had me take extra B6 (200 mg) which help with both the numbness I experienced in my hands and helped keep the blood levels up so that I never had to have any other medication or transfusion in 8 months of chemo!

If you're still having trouble with your blood levels you might want to check with your oncologist about it. I'll be saying an extra prayer that the levels come back up.

Maria, yes, I know what you mean on the nails! Mine grew like crazy during the treatments, didn't make sense to me either. But, the bad thing is now they're breaking all the time! I do some normal thing like pull up my socks and they snap! But, that's still okay if short nails is what I'm gonna have now it was still worth it to be "CANCER FREE"!!!

{{hugs}} to you Karenann, Please let us know how you are doing when you can.

Vicki
Unread 07-30-2001, 06:44 AM
Chemo #3 approaches

{{{karenann}}}

Just wanted to wish you well with your third chemo. This will all be over before you know it. Your attitude is so great!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation at the beach. May the weather be perfect for your maximal enjoyment. Have fun!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register