Almost 5 Weeks Post-op Morning Sickness???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 5 Weeks Post-op Morning Sickness???? Almost 5 Weeks Post-op Morning Sickness????

Unread 04-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Almost 5 Weeks Post-op Morning Sickness????

Has anyone else experienced what seems just like the morning sickness (not necessarily just in the morning)? I just developed this and it's been almost 5 weeks since my TAH. My abdomen pain was almost gone and now I'm back to where I was a few weeks ago. My energy level has also dropped and I swear I think my "brain fog" is worse. I'm still dealing with constipation, could that have something to do with it or is it probably hormonal? I know I could have picked up a stomach bug, but it's not as bad of the evenings and it's not as severe as a stomach bug usually is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2008, 11:16 AM

I also have felt nausaus(sp?). One evening I had to go to bed with a towel. I also had a TAH and sometimes my belly is still sore. As far as the constipation, I still have that, but up until about week 6 post-op, I was still using stool softners. Within the last two weeks I've also had to deal with hot flashes. I think with what our bodies went through, I think it takes more time to heal then we think. Best of luck to you.

TAH/BSO
Unread 04-30-2008, 11:24 AM

I'm not too worried about the constipation because I've always dealt with that anyway. I had the hot flashes before my surgery but am having less of them after. Go Figure! I'm thinking it could be because I had a tumor on my right ovary. Dr. removed the right ovary but left the other one. I had a 7 cm cyst drained in January from that one. Hopefully it doesn't return. Did you start having the hot flashes right away or several weeks post-op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2008, 11:40 AM

since my surgery i have felt like i had "morning. noon and night sickness" i felt so nausea's and even the thought of food made me gag..
i have bad constapation issues too.. i have a visiting nurse and i told her how i feel, she said that constapation can make you feel like that...eewww..
i had really bad night sweats when i came home and now it seems they are gone.. yippy..
i do still have periods during the day i feel brain fog and my energy level is awful in the afternoon.. i did have a rough weekend and didnt get off the couch much, but today i had to do errands (and did ok with that) but now i am burnt out...
i thought the same thing as you,, could be hormonal... all i know is nothing appeals to me(food) and i just feel yucky..
Unread 04-30-2008, 12:43 PM

Hi moniemonie3,

I started having my hot flashes at about 5 weeks post-op.
Unread 04-30-2008, 01:41 PM

Thank you ladies for your replies. I feel a little better just knowing I'm not alone. Good luck in your recovery!
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:43 PM

Pain meds can make you nausious,& constipation agravates that.
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:59 PM

Hi Moniemonie3

Sorry you're feeling so yucky. As others have mentioned, it could be constipation, pain meds, hormones, or as you mentioned a slight touch of the stomach bug. If' you're feeling exhaustion, that could even be the cause. Your one ovary may have decided to shut down for a while which could be causing this. I

t might be worth a call to your doctor to mention what's happening if it goes on for more than a few days. It's better to be safe than sorry. It may be as simple as going on a very low dose HRT to help that ovary kick back in. Your doctor will know best what to do. Please let us know how you make out. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Hang in there!
S
Unread 04-30-2008, 04:09 PM

Well, I'm experiencing the opposite of constipation. I've had diarrhea all day today. It has zapped me. I don't know if it has anything to do with hormones, but I've also experienced a high number of hot flashes today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register