Bumpiest ride EVER through the castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bumpiest ride EVER through the castle Bumpiest ride EVER through the castle

Unread 05-02-2008, 04:21 AM
Bumpiest ride EVER through the castle

Wow. What a ride. I went in Monday for a simple LSH and spent four days in hospital recouping from near death. All went well during the "simple" two hour surgery and just as they were about to close me a blood vessel burst and they couldn't stablilize me. They actually had to wake me up mid-operation and talk to me to try and get my blood pressure to come up. Then I needed four bags of blood and a trip to ICU for a few hours to recover. All I remember is them waking me and telling me they had to cut me open. I was adamant about NOT wanting that but by that time I didn't care and all I could think was "why are you telling me now? I am sleeping!"

My poor husband. He's all alone in the family center, it is, after all, a simple procedure. After hour 3 he figures they are settlin me in recovery, by hour four he is VERY upset and gets up to ask where on earth I am when the doc comes out and asks for permission to give me blood. The whole reason for surgery was b/c my iron level was so low that I HAD to have LSH BEFORE my next period or I would bleed to death.

So here I am. If it was the simple LSH I would only have a couple of weeks to rest and be on my way with life. Now...we're lookin at at least two months. I am so upset. But I know I know I'm alive. And DH may have vey well gotten the hint. He's been so nasty mean the past few months that we actually had a fight last week and I said I hoped, for his sake, that I died on the operating table. He's trying so hard now BUT I am home one day and ready to scream. He has done NOTHING but moan and whine his legs hurt, he needs new sneakers. I grit my teeth with each stitch pull, each ache and cough and I think I would give ANYTHING for a simple sneaker exchange to fix these pains! This is so typical. He HAS to be in pain or moaning when I am or it just isn't fair. Then he will tell me when I am recovered what a baby I was. Ohhhhh okay.

Time for bed. Wow, they aren't kidding when they say you get tired out of nowhere! Hope everyone else has a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2008, 05:54 AM

i'm sorry you ran into problems but so glad to see youre home and okay. they woke you up mid operation and put you back under
Unread 05-02-2008, 06:45 AM

WOW!! Jacquie 1964, you have been thru a rough time a simple procedure and turned out to be a very serious, scary operation for you.....cant imagine being waken up in the middle and telling you more or less whats going on what made that blood vessel burst? is that a common event to happen, what did your doctor say??

please, hang in there and take one day at a time, when problems arise with hubby or whatever, take a deep breath and think its temporary and things will get better soon.....

this is the time to take care of yourself, pamper yourself if no one else does...remember we only have one chance for a good healing....

take good care sweetie....hope you feel better very soon....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2008, 07:06 AM

Wow, you have been through a lot.

Don't let you hubby get to you. Park his attitude in the garage until you get better. If not, that negative energy sucks away some of your healing power.

I honestly think a lot of the time that their whining is just their way of worrying out loud. No one ever told men that it was okay to talk about the things that bother them so they manifest their worries in strange behavior like whining.

Take very, very good care of yourself. Recovery is a journey of a thousand steps. Keep us posted. Good luck.
Unread 05-02-2008, 08:48 AM

Sorry you had such a hard time. I think most DHs are worried and they don't know what to do or say. My DH was not supportive at first then I talked to him and he said that he was worried and didn't know what to do or say. He said the only surgery he had was a vasectomy so he didn't understand. Maybe you have to explain to your DH what has happened. Take care of your self remember so you won't have setbacks in your recovery. You should get the hysterectomy booklet and have DH read it!
Unread 05-02-2008, 08:49 AM

Oh my God, you poor thing. Take care of yourself and glad you are now on the road to recovery!!!
Unread 05-02-2008, 03:36 PM

thank God you are alive! I had something similar happen to me but it was 2 weeks out from my hysterectomy and I had to have 3 units of blood. When I came home my iron level was only a 7. Please take care of yourself. You will have a longer recovery because your body is depleted. I too was low iron going in to my surgery because of blood loss during LONG, Heavy, periods. Please take this hint from me. During your first 2 weeks of recovery. Sleep, sleep, sleep and take your pain meds. Get up between naps and take a few short walks around the house. But let your body truly recoup without stress! Eat good food with high iron and fiber levels. Don't worry or think of anyone else but yourself right now.
May God bless you with no further complications during your recovery time.
Unread 05-02-2008, 03:56 PM

Thank goodness you're okay! My gosh. Please don't get into any arguments for any reason. It will just exhaust you, and we all know by now, nothing good comes from an argument. Just tell him that you really do care about all his troubles, but you will have to discuss them in two weeks. Then remind him...if they are truly troubles...they'll still be here in two weeks...hint hint.
Unread 05-02-2008, 05:03 PM

WOW!!! :

That was some trip throught the castle. I'm so happy that you are feeling better. My goodness, I'm also glad that everything else went well. I also went into OR thinking I was getting a vaginal hysterectomy and woke up with a TAH but the reason was no where as serious as yours.
You deserve lots of TLC and please pamper yourself and no more agruments

TJ (TAH)with one ovary
Unread 05-02-2008, 05:28 PM

WOW!!!! Thank god everything ended up okay and you are on the road to recovery. You need to concentrate on yourself now. Try to stay calm. MEN DON'T UNDERSTAND!! It's probably because women take care of them all their lives: first their mothers, then their girlfriends, then their wives. All I do is nod and say ok, we'll take care of it and let it go. Here's to a speedy recovery!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register