I went shopping today :) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I went shopping today :) I went shopping today :)

Unread 05-04-2008, 10:14 AM
I went shopping today :)

WOO HOO doesn't it feel good to get out even if it is for a short while
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2008, 12:08 PM

I am three weeks post op and have not been out yet. I really do not want to go out. I am enjoying doing nothing I did tell my DH I would go to the grocery with him in the morning. I want to get things for him to cook on Mother's Day for me and my DD. I also want to zip by really quick and say HI to my asst at work who has taken over for me and sent my family 4 yummy meals. The school is right my the grocery so it will all be close by. That will be enough for me.

Today is our 29th anny, I would love ot go out to dinner but just do not feel like it so we are getting Chinese take out
Unread 05-04-2008, 01:02 PM

Going out feels so good. By day 4 post-op I already had to get out. My DH and I picked up some coffee and went for a ride (as long as I had a pillow the car was comfortable). I was cleared for driving at 10 days - and haven't been home a whole day since!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:50 PM

i had tvh on the 28th went shopping with my dh on the 2nd may didnt go out for long but boy it was good, borrowed my brothers spare wheelchair today and went to the garden centre that was such a boost i love my garden and my dh pushed me around so that i could pick my plants bless him, i cant stand being stuck indoors it sends me stir crazy im really grateful to my bro for lending me his spare chair as its means i can get out and not push myself to much i know if i didnt have that id get so depressed having to stay in 6 weeks seems a lifetime
Unread 05-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Shopping? I remember shopping...

I shopped on Ebay for 15 minutes last night and needed a nap. Going tomorrow for a post-op check and possible staple removal. I had LSH with a major blood vessle burst, needed 4 bags of blood, spent a few hours in ICU, three days on a catheter, oxygen, the whole gamut. My "simple 2 hour procedure" took 5 hours. My 2 week recovery will now be 2 months. (I am having a party for 300 in July!!!)

I walked to my garden swing out back today which is about 75 feet from my front door. Turned around, went back and took a 2 hour nap. HATING this. Type A and feel useless. Just burst into tears when Hubby joked about how much insurance he would have gotten. I said "you will NEVER find anyone who caters to you like I do" he asked if he could get a Russian bride. I'm sobbing like an idiot. In fact, I would LOVE for him to find an ANYTHING bride so I can get a break!!!

Shopping? He offered to take me to the mall and get a wheel chair. Just not worth the exhaustion and aggrevation. Nice thought though. ZZZZZZZZZZZ
Unread 05-04-2008, 05:49 PM

AWWWW I feel so bad for you
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:41 AM

Hi Jacqui im so sorry you are having a bad time im here any time if you need me you hang in there honey it will get better everyday your body will recover a little bit more and every day the tirdness will subside i know its easy for me to say but try to stay positive you only had surgery 1 week ago and its a big op
you look after yourself im thinking about you i hope you start to feel better soon
hugs mickey love xxx
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:23 PM

LOL! I thought i was crazy because I was so happy to visit Big Lots! and I can totally relate to the stir-crazy state of being! I am just starting on my 3rd week post op LSH. This must be the point in recovery where I am supposed to feel every internal stitch ...ugh!

s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register