Emotional Issues and Can't Take HRT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional Issues and Can't Take HRT Emotional Issues and Can't Take HRT

Unread 05-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Emotional Issues and Can't Take HRT

Full Hyst, Not allowed HRT.

I'm Post - op 2 yrs. Shortly after my 8 wk exam after surgery I left my husband and have spent the last year getting myself back together. About 6 months ago He and I decided to give it another go. He bought a house, thats' being built, so we aren't living together again, yet. Things seem to be goin ok but after a tift tonite i'm looking back over the last few months and thinking that maybe things aren't so great because all the little problems we deal with always go the same way. He does something stupid, I get pist, go home and ignore him for a few days, and then he calls and apologizes and things are ok again. We're not dealing with the same issues all the time just different issues that I refuse to budge on having my way about.

The thing is that I don't "feel" anything during all this. Angry at first then just kinda 'whatever'. I remember when having an arguement with anyone would really upset me and since my surgery it just doesn't. It's wierd only being able to 'feel' angry. I go through the motions of other feelings like humor or irritation but nothing seems to effect me anymore.

Anyone else going through this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2008, 09:38 AM

Wow, wish I could help. Have you spoke to your doc? I was the same with quick reaction of anger, however zoloft helped with that. I also had anxiety issues with panic attacks.
So far I dont have energy to get angry. I have been off the zoloft so that is a good thing.
Maybe the feelings for him are gone? Do you feel the same about everything? Do you laugh with friends or funny shows?
I hope things get better for you, but I think it is time for you to move on...start your new life.
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:59 AM

Sorry you are having problems. I would say if anxiety and anger are making it hard for you to cope with things in everyday life, then it is time to see the doctor for some suggestions.

Relationships are hard to deal with when we don't feel good. You might also consider some kind of counseling for you and your dh to help get things running smooth.

I don't remember who said this, but it makes sense , "We can change ourselves, but not others". Your dh is likely not going to change, so you will have to decide to accept him as he is, or move on.

Hang in there

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 10:52 AM

Yes, I understand exactly what your talkng about. This is one of the reasons why I keep tryng the same HRT over and over. When I take nothng, I feel hollow...I'm no longer vibrant. When I heard others say this, I thought it would be nice to feel even keeled, but that's not what this is.
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Me Too!

I can't believe that I found someone that is experiencing the same things I am! I had my TVH last October and I'm not even me anymore. I got married one week BEFORE my surgery. Ever since my surgery, I feel like crap. I have anemia problems, anxiety, nervousness, irritability, no feelings whatsoever. I don't care about anything anymore. I have a wonderful husband, and he is gone during the week and sometimes I don't care whether he comes home or not! Everything makes me either ill or depressed. I have no emotions about anything. I have tried 2 different antidepressants - didn't help. I'm on Premarin - I don't see a difference. I don't get excited about anything, I don't care about work or cleaning the house or anything. I don't know what to do next!
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:17 AM

I understand, but I do know where to go next and it's to a integrative health professional.

My DH and I were talking about all this a couple of weekends ago and I realized other than the obvious stop of blood loss, I feel just as bad, if not worse, than I did before the hysterectomy. So, I'm going to try this again starting at page 1 (although now I have the loss of ovaries to contend with as well).

Yes, I know I had fibroids and adenomyosis and apparently (after just receiving my dr's notes in prep for changing drs) I also had many cycsts on my ovaries (PCOS possibly???). Never was told this part...and that's not what sent to the dr in the first place. It was the profound tiredness and weakness and hair loss. But because she didn't want to take the time and might not get insurance to pay for figuring this out, she diecided to treat the obvious, which didn't fix anything.

sorry, I ranting now because I'm just so PO'd now that I've seen all my records.
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Thanks for replying

I'm honestly thinking about going to a phsyciatrist! I have talked to my OB-GYN and she tried me on an antidepressant, didn't work. I had to do the iron IV thing - not sure if that worked. I am always depressed. It's wierd that I feel like a different person, and not for the best either! I am grouchy a lot, depressed and things get on my nerves a lot. I just don't care anymore. I thought that TVH was supposed to help me! I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon.
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:29 AM

I understand. Unfortunately, at this point I'm not sure what the real problems are...if they're all hormonal (as in female hormones) or not.

I've also tried anti-d's...that's not the problem apparently. It's like putting a bandaid on an infection when you really need antibiotics...ya' know!?

This whole experience has made me tell everyone I know not to have a hysterectomy.

Oh and the "C" word she mentioned...NOT! My report stated "this is what is uaually seen when subject is taking exogenous estrogens"...which I was...she had me taking hormones to try to fix things!!

Anyway, that aside, I just want to feel better. So, I"m going to try to find someone who can help with that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register