Swelling in upper abdomen? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelling in upper abdomen? Swelling in upper abdomen?

Unread 05-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Swelling in upper abdomen?

Hey! Had TAH on 4/14, doing well...but...I am a biggish girl so extra weight does not freak me out, however, most of my swelling is in my upper abdomen between my breasts and navel...its making all my clothes fit weird and I look pregnant...I would be ok if not for that...I have been wearing girdle panties that go up to my boobs and it helps...can I get an abdminal binder for the upper part...does that make healing worse or what...I know my girdle panties help my stomach and even my back and helps me stand straight and tall and feel like my insides won't fall out...I was just wondering about the comfort of a binder and itf it makes you sweat or itch or what.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2008, 09:31 AM

i have the swelling there too,, some days are worse than others, today i look huge.. i do wear a binder and it helps, but i have to take it off during the day b/c it digs into my boobs and bothers me... it doesnt make me sweat or itch, it just digs into me and starts to bug me... ( i have/had big boobs and now they are all deflated like(TMI).. they have gone south and i think that is why the binder bugs me.. i found if i put something (gauze) where the binder meets my boobs ..it helps protect from chaffing or digging
the whole thing does look weird , sometimes lopsided.. more swollen on my left .. i hope this goes away soon.. sometimes it feels so hard , i feel alot of pressure there.. other times it is swollen but soft, dont feel the pressure as much then...
i am trying to wear pants today(taking family to movies) and ouch think i may change and find something more comfortable..
Unread 05-04-2008, 12:12 PM

I had a TVH, I also had the swelling~~~yesterday I woke up and it was all gone amazing My surgery was 4/14 also. Now if I could just get away from having to wear this pad, I have not worn one for years and years and I must say it is really bugging me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register