Sunday May, 4th 2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sunday May, 4th 2008 Sunday May, 4th 2008

Unread 05-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Sunday May, 4th 2008

WAKE - UP B.E.S. T'ers !!!!!

I am getting ready to get ready for Church Then when I get home I have to type my paper, begin reading for the next one and

Yesterday I did a lot of walking, just over 19,000 steps. I have been very OP lately (I think the provigal is helping control my hunger and is definitly giving me more energy)

Food for today ...

Pre-B ... toast w/pb and tea
S ... chocolate soy milk (light)
B ... high-fiber cereal w/banana and 1% milk
S ... almonds
L ... steamed broccoli
S... strawberries and popcorn
D ... linguine and clam sauce w/salad.

Gotta :run3: now,

Everyone have a wonderful and OP day

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Sunday May, 4th 2008

Morning Barri and All!

Yesterday was not a great day regarding exercise. I decided that aerobic freaking-out-over-birds-in-the-bedroom was enough exercise for one day. LOL I really was worn out and didn't feel like pushing it...Friday was a BIG day and I think I pushed my weight lifting a little too hard than I should have. Listened to my body and it said "take a nap" instead. Last week, I had one day like that and I still managed to lose some weight, so hopefully the scale will forgive me this time too.

Breakfast...banana followed by 1/2 English muffin and pb
Lunch...sandwich and veggie
Snack...Triscuits and avocado
Dinner...the chicken breasts, brown rice and broccoli we were going to have last week (had to run errands instead so picked up dinner)
Snack...Cheerios

Barri...So happy you're feeling better and WOW! Great job with the steps...that's definitely going to show up on the scale!!

Hellos to all who follow!
Have a GREAT day!
PJ
Unread 05-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Sunday May, 4th 2008

Good afternoon Barri, PJ and all to follow,

I'm home from church and now have to do like Barri, clean out the litter box, and get my dining room table in order. My DD will be home to help after she drops off the present at the party. She's going to be working on the kitchen. We need to reorganize it and make it weight loss friendly. I want to put out the food scale, and I need to relocate my fruit bowl. It's on the counter between the oven and the dishwasher, which are generating a lot more heat these days since I'm coooking at home (and not eating out at fast food places). They seem to ripen a lot faster than we are eating them. Not too bad, but I'd like to see what a change in location will do for them. I also want to move things around in my fridge so the healty foods are in plain sight and easy to reach.

I did not get to sleep until 4:00 a.m. Is it or just excitement over my vacation? Needless to say, I'd like to take a nap, but I know I want to get something accomplished and feel better about myself.

Barri - Terrific on your steps. Can I borrow some? PLEASE! I left my pedometer at home this morning when I went to church so I'm already behind.

PJ - Dinner sounds good. What time shal I be there?

I'm not really good on planning ahead for food, but I'll try.

B - Heart Smart cereal w/half cup fat free milk (Simply Smart is wonderful.) and a
L - Turkey sandwich with an unknown veggie.
S - Piece of fruit
D - Chicken, broccoli and brown rice sound great!
S - Jello sugar free pudding or WW ice cream treat.

How's that for planning? Only problem is sometimes I get so caught up in my chores that I don't want to take the time to stop and eat. Imagine me being too busy to eat, but it happpens.

Have a great day everyone, and I'll check in later. Hopefully it won't be in the early a.m. hours of tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Sunday May, 4th 2008

Hi everyone, WOW Kelly I can't imagine too many days where I've been so busy that I forgot to eat. It has happened, but not a lot! I like it when i'm that busy.
Melissa, you have done a great job! Was it hard to adjust to a new way of eating, now that youv'e gone 4 years?
Also you mentioned the chatter thread, where is that at?
I remember Bliss, I'm glad she's well. Desk hello to you if you check in! Take care, Sharon
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Sunday May, 4th 2008

Hello all,
yesterday and today has been weird. Yesterday, just felt blah, and a general over all not feeling good. began to wonder if I had over done it the past few days, so spent part of the day on the couch, and a few other odds and ends. Today was worse, so thought maybe walking a little would help, and part of the day on couch and back in bed. Can't figure out why the set back.

B-oatmeal
S-2 hardboiled eggs
L-chicken and vegis in a tortilla
D-omlette

Barri-wow keep up the good stepping
PJ- good job on the OP
Irish kelly-you're doing a good job on being OP-keep up the good work
Sharon-I'm fairly new here, but welcome back

Hey where is everyone else-hello to all that follow
Valorie
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Sunday May, 4th 2008

Hi Ladies,

PJ ... one thing I have learned is that when your body says slow down and listen to it. I feel we sometimes get so excited we over do it, doing things we have not done in a while and the body gets upset.

Valorie ... Your body is still recovering from your surgery, so it is very normal to have these minor set backs ... what goes for PJ (and all the rest of us) goes for you as well ... listen to your body, Your body will thank-you

IrishKelly ... These last 3-4 days I have been too busy I forget to eat, as you said it happens

Sharon ... I just got here and then you left. Welcome back.

Need to get going, I need to get to bed early tonight.

See everyone in the morning,

Barri
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Sunday May, 4th 2008

Valorie,
I had my TAH on 4/.15.08 nad yesterday was my not-so-good day!!
I also felt as if I had a setback and could not believe how bad I felt.
Must be the up/down week3&4 week post-op everybody talks about.

I have a question for you. Are you still bloated and tender? I am and also have insomnia. It's something fierce!

I hope you feel better soon! I've been eating very healthy except for today.
Umm...went to Cheeseburger in Paradise and ate poorly. Basically had a cheeseburger and that was it, but I did sneak a few fried pickle slices my
DH ordered. I missed breakfast because I ended up falling asleep at 5Am and slept until almost 10AM. Then went out to eat and since I've been home only had a yogurt.

I've been pretty good, but today was my special day out because I was feeling better, so I enjoyed it.
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Sunday May, 4th 2008

Chel,
not to bloated, it comes and goes. Have bad allergies so I usually take benadryl at bedtime, so that helps to sleep.
Hope you get some sleep soon.

I've really been concentrating on eating healthy too.
but once in a while we need to spluge.
have a good week
Valorie
Unread 05-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Sunday May, 4th 2008

Valorie,
Does your stomach feel hard...right in the middle below your navel? Mine does, more so than right after my surgery. I have my check-up with the gyn tomorrow and hopefully he'll say it's a common thing. We shall see.

I do have to mention something funny. Yesterday, I had a get together to go to and had to find some nice casual pants to wear. Well, I have lost a bit of weight and remembered I had crop pants that are literally 2 sizes bigger on me now. I wanted to be comfortable and to hide that my pants were big, I wore a nice blouse that fell over top of the pants in a nice slimming manner...but wasn't "good enough". So, I put on my Spanx control top hose. WOWZER! Got to the party and it sucked in everything so nicely that my pants were almost falling off! Where would we be without Spanx?? LOL ANyway, it gave me lower abdomen support, too and it helped me a bit as I wasn't as sore in the evening as I was in the AM.
Oh, want to mention that I ended up going into the bathroom and taking them off during the party so my pants wouldn't fall off and then went to the bathroom to put them back on before the drive home so I could be more comfortable.
Have a good evening!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register