new HRT, new side-effects | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new HRT, new side-effects new HRT, new side-effects

Unread 07-29-2001, 02:02 PM
new HRT, new side-effects

Hi,
All of a sudden I'm taking 2-3 hr naps daily, having HORRIBLE nightmares, waking up a few times every night, and dare I admit (?) mood swings and bad moods! All this seems to coincide with my switching from .625 mg. Cenestin to .5 Estradiol. Could there be a connection? Is it possible my estrogen levels are too low now? Or progesterone too high (I'm on 100 mg. Prometrium for about 1 month now, after using only Naturally Eden cream for about a month). Not to mention the libido, which disappeared a long time ago... but I'm used to that by now, although hubby getting very cranky about that aspect.
When my Dr. finally gave me the Rx for Prometrium, he said if it was too high I'd notice painful breasts, but I don't have that, and then to take it every other night, or 2 nights on, I night off.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Anita Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2001, 02:24 PM

It is possible that your estrogen is too low. Check with your doc., he may thin an increase is warranted. Have you had your levels checked? That might also be helpful.

Progesterone seems to help with sore breasts for me. I cannot take the high dose of prometrium, though, I take 25 mg.
Unread 07-29-2001, 02:32 PM

anitasue,
when i was on estradiol i took 2mg a day. and i'm not second-guessing your doc, but tender breasts are a sign of too much estrogen, and progesterone relieves it. my pharmacist advises me too use more progesterone if i have sleep troubles and /or anxiety. i take most of it at bedtime because a big dose makes me drowsy. i use a little bit in the day if i get crabby.
in dr reiss's book about nhrt, he says if you have a deficiency of a hormone, and up your dosage enough, you'll notice relief right away. on the other hand, if you have too much of a hormone, and cut back, it takes days-weeks to see a difference.
hope this helps...wouldn't it be nice if hormonally speaking, it was one size fits all?
susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2001, 05:57 AM
thank you thank you thank you!

Sisters,
Thanks for your input; it makes sense to me. I took an Estradiol yesterday afternoon, then at bedtime as usual, along with my Prometrium. This morning I took an Estradiol; thought I'd try one in the AM and one in the PM, and continue the Progest. in the PM.
The jungle is a tough one, but someday I'll conquer it!
AnitaSue
Unread 07-30-2001, 10:15 PM
Now trying Estradiol.... help!!!!!

Hey ladies,
Okay - level with me.... I am supposed to start taking Estradiol tomorrow (2) and I'm coming off of Cenestin. So, what can I expect, etc.???? I've been on Premarin, Estratest, Cenestin, and now Estradiol -- all since April 26th. I am a basketcase, not to mention, ill as a hornet, getting very chunky and just really blah. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Melanie -- [email protected]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register