Any ladies with A and P repair about how many weeks do you have pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any ladies with A and P repair about how many weeks do you have pain? Any ladies with A and P repair about how many weeks do you have pain?

Unread 05-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Any ladies with A and P repair about how many weeks do you have pain?

Hi Ladies

I had a tvh with an A and P repair and I am still having some heavy, achy pressure pain down there at times, I am 5 weeks post op and my Dr said I could still have pain this late in the game but wondered what some of you other ladies had expereinced??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 06:20 PM

Shelley, I also had an A & P repair. I am almost 8 wks. post-op and have very little achy pressure at this point. I went back to work 1/2 days at 5 weeks post-op and had quite of bit of pain only after standing and walking on my job. I back to work full time this week and feel just an occasional twinge of pain.
Unread 05-07-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmalibu
Shelley, I also had an A & P repair. I am almost 8 wks. post-op and have very little achy pressure at this point. I went back to work 1/2 days at 5 weeks post-op and had quite of bit of pain only after standing and walking on my job. I back to work full time this week and feel just an occasional twinge of pain.
Thank you so much I sometimes wondered if I was out of the NORM at this point, this is good to know, I know I will see my dr soon but still puts my mind at ease. Some I think look at me crazy to think I still have pain this far out, UH YEAH.

Thanks hon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:06 PM
How do you keep the pain down?

I just had an A/P repair on the 29th of April, and those repairs have been causing me more grief than my hyst. I can't sit down because the stitches in my perinium feel so raw. I was doing fine my first week, but now my rectocele repair hurts too much when I stand up. Does anyone know any tricks to easing the pain, or is this just one of the things that I just need to suck up and deal with?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register