premarin1.25 then estradiol 2mg then estratest..bk. to estradiol HELP!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

premarin1.25 then estradiol 2mg then estratest..bk. to estradiol  HELP!!!!! premarin1.25 then estradiol 2mg then estratest..bk. to estradiol HELP!!!!!

Unread 05-13-2008, 12:32 PM
premarin1.25 then estradiol 2mg then estratest..bk. to estradiol HELP!!!!!

Aloha Ladies!
Had total hysterectomy 18 yrs. ago. I w/be 47 tomorrow. What a roller-coaster. For YEARS I could not sleep...woke up at 2:30 - 3:00 AM and couldn't go back to sleep...also had hair loss. Was told it was probably stress..gave me sleeping pills. Got remarried and moved to Hawaii 18 months ago and my new OB/GYN changed me to Estradiol 2mg....more sleeping pills. Developed low sex drive and horrible anger/rage issues (husband NOT happy with either) Found new OB/gyn. She said lets try estratest 1.25/2.5...2 weeks later HORRIBLE allergic reaction...skin rash. Put me back on premarin 1.25...waking up at 2:30-3:00am and hair loss again....however, anger/rage gone. ?? called OB/gyn...she says "lets' just stop all HRT" HUH??? I talked her into putting me back on estradiol... she said we will try a 1mg dose. After reading your web-site (thank you!!) I ordered the progesterone cream and have been using it for 4 days. Have also starting taking DHEA, B complex, folic acid and magnesium. Not ONE doctor in all these years have taken ANY blood work to check hormone levels. I am reading EVERYTHING I can find on HRT. So thankful for this web-site. Have had trouble with vision and memory loss since my hysterectmony. Also really bad allergies with in last 18 months. I sometimes think I am losing my mind (so does my husband) Peace & blessings...B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 06:27 PM

badandhjd,

You poor thing! It sounds like you have had a rough time. Hopefully, this one will work out!
Unread 05-14-2008, 03:49 PM

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time finding balance. I would be careful with the DHEA. DHEA is a testosterone precursor and is best taken under a doctor's supervision.

P.S. Aloha, I am assuming you are in Hawaii. I just got back from visiting the islands. It was wonderful!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2008, 06:34 PM

thanks Kim. I went to a new doctor today. Finally getting blood work and saliva test. Until the results come in, he is prescribing 2.5 mg Biest and 200 mg progesterone. I am discontinuing my vitamins and supplements and taking what he is giving me (way 2 many to list). I found my doctor by calling a compounding pharmacy and asking what doctor uses them. Yes, I live in Hawaii..moved her 18 months ago from Tennessee and it is absolutely beautiful!!!
Unread 05-15-2008, 03:42 PM

I feel your pain...but at least you're in Hawaii!!

I found I had trouble with everything until I started with the FemRing. Really helped with the hair loss and the up and down feeling of orals.

I hope you have good luck with this new physician.

I have made an appointment with someone who does integrative medicine, but I can't get in until February, so I'm doing all I can for now (FemRing and Testim).

See ya'
Unread 05-20-2008, 11:16 AM

FINALLY!!!!! Maybe it's just physiological..not sure if enough time has elapsed...but I feel better than I have in YEARS. TONS of energy and sleeping better. Cannot believe how great I feel...ever my allergies are better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register