Just noticed weird stitch... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just noticed weird stitch... Just noticed weird stitch...

Unread 05-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Just noticed weird stitch...

Hi ladies,

I'm 5 weeks post op today and I decided to finally take a look down there to see the Dr.'s handy work and (TMI, I know) I spread things apart a little and noticed tissue just inside my vaginal opening with thick white stitches... it is definately suture thread.... I'm not sure what it is or if it should be dissolving or what. My vaginal cuff stitches passed over the last couple weeks... however my Dr. didn't mention anything about other stitches or that I would need to have any removed. I went in at 4 week mark and he said that everything looked great and told me to wait 2 more weeks for sex and that he wanted to see me at 8 weeks post op. So... has anyone else had these things or noticed them or have any idea what they would be for? I'm already scared to death to have sex again next week... now to actually see stitches.... GOD, what if we ripped them? I'm probably over reacting, but I seem to over react to everything these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2008, 08:48 PM

Cyndi- You crazy girl, you crack me up I have no idea what you saw, but that would have totally freaked me out. I can not give you any advice on this one, but it will be interesting to read the posts
Unread 05-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Slims, was this like a white looking thing? I passed something last Friday that looked like something kind of rolled of piece of tissue.

I am interested what you thing it is that you have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2008, 10:23 PM

I am 2 weeks, 3 days post op and have been checking regulary to see how things are looking. Today, I noticed a thick white stitch hanging out that I have never noticed before. I felt it and it is definately suture thread but I don't know why I had not noticed it before. Go figure.....
Chris
Unread 05-14-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slims1969
I'm already scared to death to have sex again next week...
Just because a doctor releases a patient to resume intercourse on particular date doesn't mean the patient has to have intercourse. I have never heard of a physician who ordered their patient to have sex at a certain timeline in their recovery.

Take a cue from your own body. It it is still healing, why take a chance of hurting those healing areas? If I were you I would wait until my next medical appointment and see what the doctor has to say.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:33 AM

My BF and I looked at it this morning and it looks like the thread on a baseball... but white. I felt up in there and it feels (NO LIE) like the stitching on a baseball... all the way up in there. FREAKED ME OUT!
I'm going to call the Dr. office today and ask what it is... I'll let you guys know.
Needless to say, there won't be any hanky panky till I know whatever this is... is healed completely. I find it hard to believe that that many stitches would pass by next Wednesday... give or take a day or two.
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlion
I am 2 weeks, 3 days post op and have been checking regulary to see how things are looking. Today, I noticed a thick white stitch hanging out that I have never noticed before. I felt it and it is definately suture thread but I don't know why I had not noticed it before. Go figure.....
Chris
Chris, if you find out anything about it, please let me know... the one part of it is literally hanging just outside of my vaginal opening.... WEIRD!!! I don't think I've ever been so ooogied by something!
Unread 05-15-2008, 09:55 AM

Dear Cyndi
There u are been trying to find you.
Thx Soulmate for locating the thread 4 u.
OMG., It's like seek and ye shall find so, don't seek.
I (dont think) i hv any stiches that low.
It seems likely though that since it is suture, it's designed to dissolve on it's own....it's just doesnt seem to be in a local where u would hv to go back and hv them removed.

I can only imagine what a shock that was.....
When in doubt ask the doc. He/she prob didnt prepare u 4 that bec they weren't expecting u 2 look. Which was fine to b curious about ur own body.

One thing I hv learned from my own exp. and from the benefit of having the rich experiences of all of u, is that :

This is an on-going process, that is very "fluid" and each day we discover something new about our bodies. Some times nice, sometimes scary, and the medical prof. can't or didnt really prepare us for that.

U just hv 2 sat 2 urself, here's what steps I hv to take to deal with this, and the next thing and the next until u can "tweak" it to accepting levels of limits.....

Ask the doc what that is, what u can expect as u become more sexually active and say how surprised u were to discover it.
If u don't want to tell him/her that u actually looked, then say ur partner discovered. main thing is get some clairification so u know what ur dealing, can get ur mind around it, and embrace it as just another componet of ur recovery.

Remember: When u feel better we can feel better 4 u too. So dont do it 4 us. Do it 4 U.
Best, Moira
Unread 05-15-2008, 09:58 AM

Re; weird stich......
the only other thing I can offer is that i hv small d/c 's that vary in color and texture as my stitches dissolve. I havent specifically seen any "software, if u know what i mean). At 1st I thought it was signs of infection butthe doc said , no it's normal. Medicated douche from time to time but no thread or tissue....
M
Unread 05-15-2008, 02:42 PM

Dr. office called me back and said that it is just the type of suture they used to sew everything up in there from doing all of the bladder repair... apparently they go from inside the vagina to repair the bladder. She said they will fall out soon... and as long as I am ready, it is okay for us to try sex at the six week mark, but no earlier. She emphazied that I had a lot repair work in there and that sex the first couple times may be a little painful. Great... Just great.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register