Routine check-up - funny story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Routine check-up - funny story Routine check-up - funny story

Unread 05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Routine check-up - funny story

Hey Sisters,
Well, I had a 4-month check-up today with my gyn/onc. Everything's fine & I graduated to the 6-month club!
My doc is in a clinic affiliated with a teaching hospital & he also teaches at the WSU Medical School, so there's always a bunch of residents following him around and they do parts of the exams. After a perfect scootch, I was on the table, feet in stirrups, and a resident (who looked about 16) was set to do my Pap. The "kid" had pretty good technique: he was gentle, always said what he was doing next, had warm instruments, and used plenty of lube. So, I hear, "fingers now", then "speculum", then silence for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds...Then my doc says to him, "If you're looking for her cervix, it's in a jar on a shelf in the pathology lab." Well, the nurse snorted, I started giggling, then we lost it. I will never forget that exam, and I'm sure that resident won't either!
Hugs to all,
Pearl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyPearl
Hey Sisters,
Well, I had a 4-month check-up today with my gyn/onc. Everything's fine & I graduated to the 6-month club!
My doc is in a clinic affiliated with a teaching hospital & he also teaches at the WSU Medical School, so there's always a bunch of residents following him around and they do parts of the exams. After a perfect scootch, I was on the table, feet in stirrups, and a resident (who looked about 16) was set to do my Pap. The "kid" had pretty good technique: he was gentle, always said what he was doing next, had warm instruments, and used plenty of lube. So, I hear, "fingers now", then "speculum", then silence for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds...Then my doc says to him, "If you're looking for her cervix, it's in a jar on a shelf in the pathology lab." Well, the nurse snorted, I started giggling, then we lost it. I will never forget that exam, and I'm sure that resident won't either!
Hugs to all,

Pearl
OMGosh, thanks for sharing......That is soooo funny..... I actually laughed out loud....that poor guy...
Unread 05-15-2008, 12:30 AM

That's a great story. Congrats on a good checkup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2008, 04:15 AM

That was great!!!

Another one: the first time I was examined, unfortunately, the resident was very rough, and my doctor stepped in to do the exam. The next visit, my doctor apologized, mentioned that the kid was a good doctor, but he was like a "bull in a china shop," and they had had to work on his technique for several months.

My doctor has residents on rotation, so I'm often greeted by a new one -- he loves to have them take my history, because of the multiple cancers and Lynch -- they are always so impressed!!!

I told him I was going to start charging him pretty soon for training these residents!!!!
Unread 05-15-2008, 11:18 AM

Funny stories. I got one......

I was working in a dr's office as an assistant. A lady was in the stirrups and it was flu season. The dr had a tongue depressor in his pocket. When he bent over to do her exam it fell out. He picked it up and placed it on her vagina and said "Say AHHH". She got furious, jumped up got dressed and left. We laughed soooooo hard. Some people are just so boring.
Unread 05-15-2008, 11:56 AM

What a great story Pearl!!!! I still haven't stopped laughing! I'm sure it's going to be a visit that you never forget!

I definitly know how you feel with the residents. My hysterectomy was also done at a teaching hospital, and felt realy old when they came around. They looked young enough that I could have given birth to them!
Unread 05-15-2008, 11:57 AM

You guys crack me up. I'm so glad that chemo doesn't take away our sense of humor.

Pearl, congrats on graduating to the 6 month club. I wonder if that resident thought about changing his line of work!

Hugs to all,
Unread 05-15-2008, 05:22 PM

That is too funny! You'd think he'd notice the lack of a little donut at the end of the cul de sac! I'm glad you had a good sense of humor about it. I'm laughing at the story right now.
Unread 05-15-2008, 08:35 PM

What a hoot!!!

(BTW, congrats and welcome to the six month club!!! )

monami
Unread 05-15-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaGa
Funny stories. I got one......

I was working in a dr's office as an assistant. A lady was in the stirrups and it was flu season. The dr had a tongue depressor in his pocket. When he bent over to do her exam it fell out. He picked it up and placed it on her vagina and said "Say AHHH". She got furious, jumped up got dressed and left. We laughed soooooo hard. Some people are just so boring.

Ok, it's been a long day, explain this to me. He put a dirty tongue depressor in her vagina? That's gross, am I missing the joke (It's been a LONG day for me LOL)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register