Latest test results :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Latest test results :) Latest test results :)

Unread 07-30-2001, 07:48 AM
Latest test results :)

Hi my cancer sisters!

I wanted to let you all know I had my latest series of blood work and tests done last week. Had a couple of frustrating moments but all in all pretty good.

First and formost, my CA125 levels are still doing absolutely wonderful - "16" Woo Hoo!!!!! That, in and of itself calmed me significantly.

I had another visit with my PCP since my oncologist is still working on finding new office space. They (oncologist) wanted an ultrasound done on the area where my port catheter is cause I've been experiencing alot of pain and discomfort in the area. They wanted to see if there was any inflamation going on in the area as well as rule out any possible blood clots.

Well, once I got to the PCP's office, they didn't like the sound of my lungs as well as a bit of pain in that area and since I had had a pleural effusion (fluid buildup in the lung area) prior, they decided instead to send me for a CT Scan of the chest.

The great news is that it shows the pleural effusion is completely resolved and no new fluid present. The frustrating part is that the scan would not show any inflamation so regarding the port problem, no help in that whatsoever!

Lastly, (boy this is yet another novel) I've been getting checked for my platelet problem (thrombocytosis) every two weeks and they're back up again. So, on a new med for that now to try to get them down and keep them down. I've been on the med for a few days now and it makes me so I go back for the next round of blood work this Thursday so got my fingers crossed on that one!

Boy, did I have alot to update you all on! All in all, good news! I'm not too worried about the rest of the stuff, annoyed but not alarmed! As long as my CA125 is good, the rest is just small bumps in the road!

{{hugs}} to you all and many wishes for continued good health all around.

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2001, 10:42 AM

Hugs ((((Vicki))))))
Oh we do love to hear these good news reports around here don't we??

Gotta love that CA125 number!!! Great news about that!

I am sure they will get your platelettes back down. If the new med is making you than I would think thats a good sign its working to get them back where they belong, the pesky little things!!!

I think this is really good news, and I am soooo happy for you.
I think the bumps in the road, are the roads we are all going to be travelling on for awhile....but as long as we see the road signs that have the word cancer with a big ole *X* drawn through it......then its not a bad road to be on!!
Crossing my fingers for excellent test results for you on Thursday!
Love & Hugs !!!
M. xoxo
Unread 07-30-2001, 10:47 AM

Oh this is really good news!! You must be so excited that your CA125 was so low! This is really great!!
I agree with you that this is the main test that you should be concerned with...the others are minor compared to this, and hopefully your new meds will do the trick. Keep us posted on the other tests and keep thinking positive!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2001, 04:17 PM

Yay Vicki!!!!!!!

That's great news! Isn't it weird how a number can make a difference in your life? I'm sorry to hear about your port problem -- those ports are both a blessing when they work and a curse when they give us trouble.... I know you're a strong person and will get through all of this -- the cancer is the tough part and you've gotten through that....

Love,

Cyndy

:sing:
Unread 07-30-2001, 06:44 PM

I remember hearing my low CA125 results. Christmas eve last year, best present I could ever get. Down from 237 to "less than 5"

I remember that feeling well. WHAT a blessed relief!

Glad to hear you are doing well, and good luck getting the port problem fixed.

Maggie
Unread 07-30-2001, 06:51 PM

Vicki, great news for you I suppose you are dancing. I am sure the rest of the 'stuff' will be fixed in the near future x x
Unread 07-30-2001, 07:07 PM

Way to go Vicki!!!! You must feel such relief!!!
Enjoy the rest of your summer! oxoxoxkarenann
Unread 07-30-2001, 07:27 PM

Congratulations, Vicki!

What wonderful news! 16--what a great number! I'm sure the other issues will eventually be resolved, but in the meantime make sure you celebrate!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register