Hysterectomy dates May 19-May 26,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 19-May 26,2008 Hysterectomy dates May 19-May 26,2008

Unread 05-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 19-May 26,2008

If your hysterectomy was between May 19-May 26,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2008, 10:36 PM

Well ladies I made it. I have my laptop here at the hospital with me. I can't sleep so I thought I would go ahead and write. Things went pretty well. I have been taking my pain medicine. I felt ok, until I was brought to my room. The man who brought me from recovery to my room wouldn't help me swith beds. He told me to scoot. Well when I scooted, I pulled something, a stitch maybe. I have pain in the right side of my belly. I have the daVinci hyster, and this is where one of my incisions is located. It hurt pretty bad at the time and now burns when I move. I don't have pain anywhere else. I told the nurse and she didn't see any bleeding and told me to tell the doctor tomorrow. So I'm kind of disappointed. I wouldn't be hurting if the stupid man would have helped me move. Oh well....

I didn't get a private room and they peopple next to me are getting on my nerves. I have an elderly lady for a roommate, but she has two ladies spending the night with her. They were cold so they had the nurse turn the temp up. Well, I'm hot!!!! So, the nurse found a fan and brought it to me. They were complaining to each other that the fan was making them cold...Well you know what?? They can get out if they don't like it!!!! I'm the patient!!!! I hate to say anything to them, because the lady is dying, but I mean come on!!! Go get a blanket.

The percocet they give me for pain, keeps me awake. It always has. They don't want to call the doctor because it's after midnight. I can understand, it's just frustrating...

They didn't give me my hormone patch like the doctor ordered. He ordered the nurses in the recovery room to do it, and they decided to let the nurses on the floor do it. Well, I also wasn't put in the computer when I was supposed to be so it took forever.

It really wan't too bad of an experience, just alot of little things that could have been prevented.

I'm getting sleepy now , so I'll post more later.
Unread 05-20-2008, 01:09 AM
LSH recovery going well!

Wow! Doing surprisingly well with LSH! Had to be at the castle at 8am and was taken into surgery around 10:15am. Was put into room at 1pm and home at 5:30pm.

When I woke in recovery (around 12:30) I wasn't able to relax or sleep well because the catheter felt so uncomfortable. It didn't hurt but I could not relax with the awful sensation of having to pee so badly. I kept requesting it be removed - they finally took it out after I ate jello and drank ginger ale around 1:30pm.

Shortly after removing the catheter I peed. It felt weird - kind of like I was straining myself but the nurse said that will be normal for a day or so after having the catheter. There were only a couple drops of blood on the pad that had been in place since the surgery and maybe a couple more drops when I peed.

I woke up with some pain medication in my IV and the pain was virtually non-existent! After I was put into my room, they gave me a couple vicotin and stopped the IV. Even with only taking 1 vicotin even 5 hours since coming home, there still isn't any major pain!

In additon to the jello and ginger ale, I was asked to call and order a light meal from the menu. I wasn't really hungry but ordered a baked and breaded chicken breast sandwich along with angel food cake. Well, it took me a while to eat the sandwich because my mouth was so dry, but I got it down without feeling ill. The cake was brought home and eaten yesterday evening.

I was totally shocked when they asked me whether or not I wanted to stay the night or go home - dah, go home! I was told all along that I would need to stay for 1 night but was doing so well that the doctor said I could go home if I wanted! I got dressed and left the castle around 5pm.

Since the procedure I've had very little discomfort and only about 8-10 drops of blood. My appetite is good but still eating light as advised to do by the nurse. I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM HOME :-) So far I'm the poster child for LSH.

Thanks for eveyone's support and hope all do as well as me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 01:56 PM

Today I feel better than I did yesterday. I just can't rest and get comfortable in the hospital. So, once I got in my bed, I felt better. I still have a pulling sensation that is present when I get up from sitting or lying down. The doctor said it was from a deep stitch that he put in. If I put a little pressure on the area when I go to get up, it's not as bad. I haven't had the pain pill since yesterday evening. Just taking the motrin. I feel really good, just sore. So far, the hormone patch seems to be working. Thank heavens!!!
I haven't had any trouble with peeing. Sometimes it does burn a little, but not like I thought it would. Haven't had a BM yet. I think the hardest part of the recovery so far has been the gas pain. I didn't pass any gas until last night. I was so swollen in my belly and I knew what it was. I could feel the bubbles moving around, but they just wouldn't make the final exit. I was really getting worried because it was getting hard to breathe. I had taken the gas medicine in the hospital and I took my own gas-x just like I was told, but it took ALOT of swaying and walking to get any relief. once that went away, I felt much better.
Unread 05-21-2008, 04:11 PM

Recovery still going well! Stopped taking vicotin this morning and still no major pains. I'm not good with pain but wanted to be able to listen to my body - not bad enough for me to take any more so that says a lot for all the discomfort I have. Hope everything continues to go this well.

Only concern so far is no BM. Have been eating light and will continue to do so until there is more movement. Walking and Gas X have helped to keep gas under control but wishing for more with a BM.

There has not been any blood since yesterday morning so I was able to quit wearing any type of pad or liner - wearing old clothes so it will not ruin anything if I would bleed.

Took shower this morning and OMG it felt wonderful!
Unread 05-22-2008, 06:30 PM

Has anyone had laprascopic incinsions that were sealed with glue? All 3 of my LSH incisions were glued instead of stitched??? They seem to be holding up ok but I worry about them opening when I get up and down from sitting or anything else that puts stress on the area. Can anyone else relate?
Unread 05-22-2008, 07:01 PM

My name is Julie- had surgerry the 21st, yesterday morning at 7:15 and am home today. I was home by 11 a.m. Other than the cramping pain and gas pressure I feel pretty good. I have not had a BM yet. My family is taking great care of me. I know the road ahead of me is long and i am mentally preparing for it. I hope I can stay down the 4-6 weeks. Thank goodness for my laptop and the overbed table my Dh rented for me. Love this site and willbe checking in daily for forums and advise. Thanks
Unread 05-22-2008, 08:00 PM

Hi ladies! This is the first time I have posted, as I found this site just a day before my LSH on Tuesday. My surgery went very well, and I only had to stay in the hospital for a day. I was quite sick after surgery, and wasn't able to keep anything down, thank God for the numbing meds they gave me before stitching me back up, otherwise I think I would have died from the pain of puking!! I also had a horrible reaction to the Demoral, it took the hospital what seemed liek forever to figure out what I was allergic to (extremely allergic to Latex, so they had to make sure that wasn't it). I am on Percosat (sp?) now, and it is doing ok. Is anyone else "not comfortable" and on percosat? It is helping with all of the gas pains in my shoulders, but that is about all. I still have an extremely "heavy" sensation in my belly, and my boobs are incredibly swollen.
Mentally, I am doing ok. ONly being 24, this has been quite a journey. However, my husband is so supportive and has made everything as easy as possible on me. My kids, only 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 have been really worried. They got to come see me this afternoon (we've been keeping them away from our room so I can rest) and I think that calmed their fears a little bit. They don't understand, so trying to explain is fun!
All in all, I am doing ok. I am going to call in teh morning and ask about the extreme "heaviness" in my belly and see if they can give me somethign for the itching and swelling of my face. I'm not sure if all of that is normal or not. I hope everyone feels better soon, it is going to be so nice being able to "talk" to other women who are going through what I am going through.
Unread 05-22-2008, 09:40 PM

Joshsprincess

I had my LSH on Monday and can totally relate to the belly heaviness! Mine has gotten a little better but still very swollen and heavy. It helps to support it by holding it while walking around - and a necessary thing to do while laughing or coughing! I'm not sure how long it will last but invested in a couple pair of the Bali support panties that this site recommends for when I go back to work. Can't imagine walking around without supporting my belly!

My breasts are also heavy and feel like it's PMS time or something. Also, apparently some of the things I heard about ovaries temporarily going to sleep is true because I think I had 3 hot flashes - 1 while leaving castle, 1 that evening, and 1 the 1st night home.

Does anybody know how to tell if you have developed adhesions? Worried about getting them but not sure how to find out if I have them.

So happy this site is available - thanks sistas!
Unread 05-23-2008, 04:28 AM

(((ladies)))

Just a reminder ~ if you have any questions about your recovery, please start a new thread so that all our post-op members can see it and have the opportunity to respond, instead of limiting any response to just the tiny number who choose to post on this thread. With 140,000 members, this is the best way to get support and replies ~ in the true tradition of HysterSisters!

Please note this thread is intended for progress reports only ~ check out Princess Bea Well's introductory post for further instructions on how to use the thread.

Sending all good wishes for your recoveries and thanks for your co-operation!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register