Anyone out there who has had a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone out there who has had a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy? Anyone out there who has had a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy?

Unread 05-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Anyone out there who has had a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy?

I recently found out about this procedure from a friend, and was wondering if anybody else has had their hysterectomy this way? I was told I would have to have an abd. hysterectomy b/c of two previous c-sections, but am holding off b/c of the recovery time, etc. But then I have been reading about this new procedure with quicker recovery. There might be a good chance I only need my ovaries removed, so this would be such a "nicer" way of doing it!! (If there is such a thing). Anybody out there who has had this procedure? Thank you.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2008, 10:12 PM

Hi Bonga02,

I had a LSH and I am still pleased with the results.

Last year, my younger sister also had a LSH. Several years ago, she had an abdominal myomectomy for the removal of a grapefruit-sized fibroid and then she went on to have (2) c-sections with my nieces. So...I might suggest you get a 2nd or even a 3rd opinion. I got two opinions myself and it is still one of the best things I ever did for my long term health.

In the end...just do what is *right* for you. That is what is most important.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 05-26-2008, 05:51 AM

i had 2 previous csections and other abdominal surgeries and i was able to have the lsh. its a great procedure to look into and see if you can have it. is your dr trained to do them? the first dr i used wasnt, so it wasnt offered.
probably the best thing to do is find a dr that does the lsh and make an appt with him/her as a second opinion.
good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi

I too had c-sections 3 of them and I had terrible adhestions my uterice was attached to my bladder and bowels and my doctor was able to do a LSH on me and he took out all my adhestions he is a wonderful doctor. So yes with a good doctor you can have a LSH after c-sections. Good luck and God Bless you. Denise.
Unread 05-26-2008, 09:18 AM

I just had a LSH last month and it was a very good experience. I got a second opinion and was so glad I did because he did LSH's where my first Dr. I saw did not.
Good luck!
Unread 05-26-2008, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the reply? Did you also have the laser removal of your uterus, ovaries, etc??? That's what I'm looking for. I have an appt with my GYN tomorrow and am hoping she does this surgery. Thanks again!! I'm nervous and I'm just in the contemplating stage!!
Unread 05-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Hi

Sorry, I was not on the computer yestereday to answer you ...laser removel I don't know about that I was not told a laser was involved. I just read my opertive report and no I don't think so it seems my uterice was discnnnected and removed through a small insition on my left side about 1 inch long very small and my ovary's where not removed. ood luck and God bless you. Denise.
Unread 05-27-2008, 08:47 AM

i havent heard of laser removal with the lsh. i kept my ovaries but my uterus was removed with a morcillator.
Unread 05-27-2008, 09:32 AM

I had a LSH and BSO 13 days ago. Some doctors are not trained to do the procedure and will only offer the abdominal option. Thankfully my doctor has done several. I don't think there were any lasers involved, but they do use a tool that cauterizes the tissues. Keep in mind that the recovery process is still lengthy no matter which type you have do to all the internal healing that takes place, although the inciscions with LSH are much smaller (and I assume less painful) than abdominal. Bottom line, each woman is different, some may not be candidates for LSH so its important to weigh all your options and get 2nd and 3rd opinions if necessary. Best of luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register