Did anyone talk crazy while under meds? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone talk crazy while under meds? Did anyone talk crazy while under meds?

Unread 05-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Did anyone talk crazy while under meds?

My hubby said I kept complaining about the hospital having bad fashion sense. They had put me on this long purple gown with a blue bear claw on the front, called a warming gown, and I had on these horrendous white thigh high stockings, and blue slipper socks. He said when they brought me back to the room, I was talking about that and threw the covers off and said "Look, this is poor fashion sense. The colors don't match." And he said my gown was up around my waist and nothing on down there, and he put the covers back on me. And he said that when family members would call on the phone, I would want to talk and proceeded to tell them in a slurry voice about the purple gown and blue socks, and I knew they were cracking up on the phone, but I did not see anything funny, and there is no telling what else I said. My daughter laughed at me on the phone. She said I was talking in slow motion. Let's hear some of your stories.

TVH/BSO with A & P repairs and Bladder Sling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2008, 01:06 PM

That is too funny. I complained about the gowns and slipper socks not matching before any drugs, I want one of those warming things hooked up in my recliner at home, I freeze alot. I don't think I had any funny stories of my own but loved reading yours.

D
Unread 05-28-2008, 01:29 PM

Haha..I asked the doctor for a tummy tuck. I was told he said "I'm sorry, I'm not a plastic surgeon."

lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2008, 01:37 PM

Ha ha, I was dressed exactly the same way you were and complained about the purple and blue the whole time until they gave me my surgical cap. It was blue and I was happy that it at least matched my socks.
Unread 05-28-2008, 02:45 PM

I don't even REMEMBER a surgical cap! LOL But I sure loved that Versed drug!!!!!!
Unread 05-28-2008, 02:46 PM

LOL .. I recall the attending nurse telling me that I will enjoy sex sooo much more after the recovery. I shushed her and told her that my parents 'didn't know' that I did that kind of stuff. LOL ... I am only 36 years old ......I think they know. too funny.

and my mom just said that I reminded her of when I was a little girl with no concerns about life - cheerful and laughing. She said 'it felt like I had my little girl back."

thanks for the chuckle - hospital fashion sense is interesting that is for sure! lol
Unread 05-28-2008, 03:43 PM

My DH has told this story often since my surgery...I am not typically a potty mouth so he thinks this is too funny!
When I was back in my room, I had hit the morphine drip and leaned my head back and had just dozed off. The phone rang. He said I sat straight up and said, What the F***? and laid back down and fell right back into my slumber.
Nothing else too funy happened.
Unread 05-28-2008, 04:10 PM

That IS funny. I'v been known to talk like a sailor at times, so I put in a verbal disclaimer that I was not responsible for anything I say after the versed is put in the IV. I hope I behaved myself.
Unread 05-28-2008, 04:47 PM

I was talking to myself in my semi-sleep, talking out loud about stuff I was hearing in my head and my pood DH was trying to make out what I was talking about I was aware I was doing it, but I couldn't wake myself up or stop it. I told my roommate to shut up because she was interrupting my train of thoughts... DH told me about that one.
Unread 05-28-2008, 04:51 PM

It is funny reading posts about everyone's reactions to the meds. I was reading an old post and there were a LOT of them on there that can really get ya laughing. In the search box, try typing in loose lips. I think that will take you to it. That was the name of the post and there were a LOT of replies, but it was too old to do a new reply on so it said, so I figured we might just start us a new one.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register