Did anyone talk crazy while under meds? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone talk crazy while under meds? Did anyone talk crazy while under meds?

Unread 05-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Did anyone talk crazy while under meds?

My mom and dh said that I babbled the entire time in between sleeping. My kids said I slurred my words when talking with them on the phone. They that it was funny. The next day the doctor came in and said I was very talkative but really I do not even remember meeting him. My mother also was asking me all kinds of questions and I was freely telling her all the answers. My dh and I typically keep our finances to ourselves and I guess I was blabbing to my mom all about it and she was asking questions... particularly about our studen loans. Now she knows how much we pay and how much we still have left!! It is not a big deal but my dh is very private and does not want anyone knowing anything financial. So that is a secret my mom and I will keep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2008, 05:35 PM

Gabina,
I did the same thing too! I was running and trying to catch up with my DH and kept telling him to slow down! I felt like I was awake but really I was sleeping. He was listening to me and thought it was funny. I forgot about that until I read your statement.
Unread 05-28-2008, 10:55 PM

In the theatre recovery room I asked my hubby if that was our next door neighbours little kitten on the floor !!!

He politely said no it wasn't and he thought I'd had enough
morphine !!!

Sammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2008, 08:47 PM

Apparently I thanked every single nurse or any other person I saw (and every time I saw them), for giving me such great anti-nausea drugs! My DH said I was so very happy I wasn't puking I had to tell everyone about.

Unread 05-29-2008, 09:47 PM

I told my 11 year daughter to make sure she wears her capri pants when she goes to England tomorrow???

When my other daughter called by phone from university ... I told her she smelled nice and asked her what perfume she was wearing ... then I caught myself and laughed like a crazy woman.

I called my hubby and left a message on his voice mail saying ... Please call me back in my HOTEL room.

I said to my hubby how much we should give them?
My hubby said pardon?
I said Santa and Frosty ...I was thinking one hundred dollars.

Everytime someone came to visit me or called I would fall asleep mid conversation and my head would bob.

I told my hubby to put my hospital night gown in the bag as I wanted to take it home. He looked at me like I had lost my marbles and I said shhhh and just put it in my bag. Being as honest as they come and a cop to boot ... he refused and apparently I started yelling at him which I never could imagine doing.
A few days after we got home he came into the family room with the clean laundry and I saw the nightgown and asked what the heck he had that for. He burst out laughing and told me the story.
Unread 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM

You guys are so funny. I was just babbling incoherently. My DH just kept asking me why I was asking so many weird questions. I called my friends and kept having these disjointed conversations with them. They were telling me about them afterwards and it was pretty funny. Apparently my voice was much more high pitched than usual.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did some goofy things while on the really strong stuff!
Unread 06-10-2008, 06:29 PM

I recognised the anaesthetist as a past client of mine from my days of working for a local bank. I said to him that if he didn't look after me I wouldn't let him have any more overdrafts on his cheque account. I haven't work at that bank for over 20 years !!!
Unread 06-12-2008, 10:11 PM

According to the anesthesiologist, someone was taking a lunch order in the room as they were giving me my meds so I ordered a double cheeseburger. They told me that I couldn't have anything to eat so I order a rum and coke . The next day as they were getting ready to release me (still under the influence of Morphine and Vicodan) I asked the nurse if I would still be able to perform a certain sexual position with my husband ! And my BIL was in the room.....well, right up until that point. I still hate looking him in the eye!
Dana
Unread 06-17-2008, 06:27 PM

Meds can sure make people say funny things. I hope I don't embarrass myself when I have my surgery on 6/23. The last time I had surgery was for my gallbladder. My surgeon was a very handsome South African doctor who had a lovely accent. I kept teasing DH before surgery that I had a handsome doctor. So, sure enough, right as I was coming out from under the meds, the doctor came to see me. We talked a few minutes and as he turned to leave, I said very loudly to DH, "SEE? Didn't I tell you he was good-looking?" DH said, "Yes, you did!"

I realized what I'd said when I looked up and saw the nurse snickering.
Unread 06-24-2008, 12:32 PM

I just had an ovary removed on 5/16 and remember getting upset with the anesthesiologist talking to the nurse about a Gray's Anatomy show that was on the night before. I hadn't had a chance to see it yet and kept telling him to SHUT UP! The nurses got a chuckle, but I guess he knew it was the drugs talking as he didn't even miss a beat in his conversation. I hope he doesn't hold grudges if I see him again for my upcoming surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register