EvaMist - Has anyone else tried it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

EvaMist - Has anyone else tried it? EvaMist - Has anyone else tried it?

Unread 06-03-2008, 06:45 PM
EvaMist - Has anyone else tried it?

My dr started me on EvaMist, which is brand new, it just came out in April. It's a spray containing plant derived estridol (sp.) and I apply it three times to the forearm each day. You have to allow it to dry for 2 minutes, then not wash the area for at least 30 minutes.

I had my total abdominal hysterectomy on May 20th, so this is my first experience with HRT. The dr said I would feel so much more stable emotionally, because I had such awful PMS before. So far, I think she's right, but I haven't really had enough time to tell.

I was just wondering if I was the only one to use this stuff so far. It seems like such an odd way to get a drug into your system!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2008, 07:00 PM

It does seem odd. But so far I've had very good results. I just started the Evamist last friday. It is aggreeing wth me very well. And I've had a very rough time of it till now. Hope it keeps working for me.
How often and when do you apply?
Unread 06-03-2008, 07:26 PM

I apply it with three sprays on the forearm once a day. I've been doing it at night, to prevent any chance of washing it off, since I wash my hands a lot during the day. I also remembered that when I used to take the pill, it upset my stomach if I took it before eating, so I always took that at night too. So far, so good though.

Thanks for replying! It's good to know someone else is trying this too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2008, 08:54 PM

I tried it and did was not near enough for me. I am thirty-eight. Truly, I think you have a better chance of it being strong enough if you are close to menopausal age. Also, I would pay attention to my body and symptoms as my estrogen needs have increased the farther out I have gotten from my surgery date. I feel like my body had stored up estrogen that allowed me to not need much supplementation at all for the first six months. After that, my doc had to really up my dose. -Vicki
Unread 06-04-2008, 10:25 AM

Thanks, I will certainly keep an eye on things. You may have something there on the six months post surgery thing. Surely the body does store something for a while. I'll see how it goes!
Unread 06-04-2008, 11:40 AM

I was wondering how Evamist compares in mg. to Vivelle. Since the patch says .10 mg (one-tenth) and Evamist says one spray is 1.53 mg. So three sprays would tripple that.Daaa. Seems like a huge difference in dosage for 24 hrs. don't you think? The most important thing is that I am 100% improved. Maybe surgical menopause is different, but I clearly wasn't doing my body any good on the patch. What a horrible experiance this has been. But it looks like things will be alright now.

SorcierePure- do you notice that the 3 sprays keep you awake at night, or perhaps it relaxes you. So what time would this be that you apply? Thanks!
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:35 PM

Vinrl, I haven't really noticed much of either reaction. I generally apply it around 10:00 and go to bed about 11:00, so I know it doesn't seem to keep me awake. I've had some trouble sleeping, but that's surgery related things like getting comfortable. As far as relaxing me, I'm not sure. It's hard to tell since I am still taking a Lortab around 9:00 each night to make it more comfortable laying down.

Hopefully this is the best road.
Unread 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM
evamist

I have also been using the Evamist. I use two
squirts a day, and it's been okay, but I did have a problem with my last one in that the pump seemed to quit working and it was only squirting out a little bit. I was out of town when that happened, so I had five days of getting an uneven dose, which wasn't too good. THe company did send out a replacement, which was nice, but I sure hope that doesn't happen again.
Vinryl, I remember you from that other thread about nausea. SO, is the Evamist doing a lot better for you? Is your nausea better? I'm not sure about mine. I still have my ups and downs. It sounds like you are doing good. I have also been wondering how people are liking the Evamist.
Moejoe
Unread 06-04-2008, 03:42 PM

Good to hear from you Moejoe! What a surprise we are both on the Evamist. Yes, my nausea is so much better. I keep waiting for the "down" but since I started the mist I am 90% improved. I have questions with the dosage I know I won't get the answers from the doc. He said, "Here, this is an experiment".... so here I am!
Do you apply in the AM?
Thanks and good to hear from you : )
Unread 06-04-2008, 08:42 PM

My doc told me that three sprays was .099 because they were .033 per spray. However, I was told after that by someone on the board that my doctor's information was incorrect. The lady here on the board said three sprays equaled .033 so they were .011 each. Honestly, I would say she was right because it was not near enough for me. I generally am on a .075 patch. I felt like I was using nothing. I just gave up on it because I couldn't function on it. -Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register