newbee with cyst on right ovary | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

newbee with cyst on right ovary newbee with cyst on right ovary

Unread 06-04-2008, 10:13 PM
newbee with cyst on right ovary

I went to see my Dr today after 3 weeks of pain and found out that I have a cyst on my right ovary. I never expected that was the cause of the pain I have been having.
He did a ultrasound and found out it was about the size of a small golf ball. He said it will eventually rupture and that it is not anything to be overly concerned about. I'm not really concerned about it, I think I was suprised to find out that I had one. As everyone has said that it is painful (on the posts of others). Once you get them (cysts) how many do you get after one shrinks or bursts. Is this something I will continue to get them. Do you have any discharge or anything to tell that they have burst or shrinks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2008, 02:29 PM

HI Countrybumkin... i had one rupture about that size a few weeks ago. I didn't know it ruptured until I had really bad pain for a few days and I went to the dr. and she did an ultrasound. She found fluid around the ovary. The pain has been terrible since and before but now they are working on figuring out why. Looks like my ovary's blood supply may be compromised. I have a CT scan to do this next week. I just had surgery 16 weeks ago and looks like I am giong to lose my last ovary. As for you, did you ask for BC pills??? My dr. said that it may help them from forming. I tried them and I still got a small one 1.5 cm after taking them only for a month. It is worth a try because it seems like once you get them, they keep coming. Best of luck! And if you have pain when it ruptures, go to the ER or dr. and get pain meds!!!
Unread 06-10-2008, 12:07 PM

Some cysts will rupture and the fluid will be absorbed, that can be very painful. SOme cysts do not go away on their own and will continue to grow. I would advise to have your dr give you another ultrasound in 2 or 3 months to see if there have been any changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:19 PM

I started getting cysts when I was 17. The first one was the size of a grapefruit. I lost 1/2 an ovary with that. I had problems with cysts for the next 16 years (numerous surgeries, and I also had one asperated through the vagina wall). I have been in pain most of my life. I lost my other half of the right ovary 10 years ago, at 23 years old.

When I had my hysterectomy 9 weeks ago, I had 3 cysts on the left ovary. I was very happy to get that out of me. Never felt this good!
Unread 06-12-2008, 03:26 PM

Thank you for your responses. BC pills I haven't asked about yet but I already have pain pills (tylenol 3's) and if I run out then Dr will prescribe more. I already have a appointment made for a second ultrasound in 2 more weeks. I guess I'm confused because what I have read and heard from other women is that they have pain when the cyst bursts.
have already been dealing with pain 3 weeks prior to finding out that I had a cyst. I am still dealing pain and had a rough day yesterday. Is it the crampy type pain, sore back feeling and sick feeling? Or is it different?
Unread 06-12-2008, 04:23 PM

That about sums up the feelings but don't forget to add in pinching, bloating and plain miserable. I knew I had a cyst at 4 weeks post op but my GYN told me no way was that possilbe. I finally got an ultrasound at 8 weeks and it was 3 cm. It hurt from day one and it still hurts. It ruptured 1 month ago and I have a small 1.5 cm now. GYN says that is too small to hurt,, Primary Dr. says that any size could hurt depending on location and adhesions. Sorry to hear that you are so many problems but unfortunately for many of us, you are not alone.
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:23 PM

I am struggling with pain for another week because my Dr bumped my appointment for another week. Been taking the tylenol 3's for the pain.
It feels like a very long time until I go in for the re-scheduled appointment.
I have been trying to stay ahead of the pain. Dr told me that this cyst is not anything to get concered about since it is not life threatening. When I went into the Dr's office before finding out what was causing the pain about almost 2 months ago he started to rule out other factors such as infection, adhesions etc. The urine test came back with no infection even though there was blood in it. My question is was the blood possibly coming from the cyst?
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:39 PM

Sorry to hear that you are still in pain. I am con't to have pain also. CT scan showed the 1.5 cm cyst but GYN still thinks that shouldn't cause pain. She had no reason for my pain and has put me on semi bedrest for another month and YES it does seem forever between appts. Sorry to hear your's got "bumped". That is sooo annoying and just because it may not be life threatening does not mean it does hurt like heck and basically put your life on hold....hope you feel better soon! Hang in there!
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:54 PM

jtwilliams, I am sorry that you also are struggling with pain. I will ask my Dr about pain and size when I finally go in. It does keep your life on hold. I hope you are feeling better soon!
Unread 06-28-2008, 11:01 PM

Thanks and back at ya. My primary Dr. doesn't think "size" has anything to do with pain but GYN does. I have an appt with a new breast surgeon (just a follow up to other issues) on Monday and I am going to ask him too. I will let you know what he says as far as size and pain. How long until your appt?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register