Endometrial ablation ~ TVH: anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial ablation ~ TVH: anyone else? Endometrial ablation ~ TVH: anyone else?

Unread 06-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Endometrial ablation ~ TVH: anyone else?

Hello all,

Just looking for anyone that has had an endometrial ablation and then was told that they needed a TVH. My ablation was in June of 07 and the pain has become increasingly worse. Can anyone help? Any suggestions. Scheduled for TVH July 8th. Very scared!!

CiCi723
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2008, 05:14 AM

cici723

I'm sorry you find yourself facing surgery, but so glad you're here as this truly is the most amazing site for information and support.

If you check out our <link> Pre-Op Page, you'll find it packed with information, and I hope it won't be too long before some ladies come along to share.

Sending all good wishes for your surgery and recovery!

Unread 06-06-2008, 08:50 PM

Hi CiCi723,
I had ablation last October. My dr found that my uterus was prolapsing while he was doing the ablation. The ablation fixed the heavy, long bleeding periods, but I still suffer from lower back pain and cramping most of the time and painful sex. I am now scheduled for TVH on June 17. I'm not afraid of the surgery itself or the recovery. I told my friend that my baby days were over long ago, but I feel like my "hanky panky" days have just begun. (married the love of my life a couple of years ago) Because the dr says he has to remove my cervix, I am very nervous that things (hanky panky) will change. That was probably more information than you wanted, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone with being scared. I think we are all scared, maybe for different reasons, but still very real. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you search for answers. Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the info. My baby days are also over ( have 2 beautiful boys, 13 & 11 ). They keep me going. But anyways, the more I talk to others and my doctor, the more I am reassured that I am doing the right thing. My doc says that I weel fel 100 times better. How long have you known that you had to have this done?
Unread 06-07-2008, 07:40 PM

Hi Cici723
i also had an ablation in july of 07 plus had a lap. to zap of most of the endo i had. well --i don't think they got it all becuz i was in pain again nearly 2 mos after and now i have a TVH scheduled for 6/24/08. i know exactly how you feel. i am scared but i try to fins the positive in this. no more pain for one!! no more bleeding forever and thinking when is it going to go away. if you want to pm me and talk more --please do -- we are all here for you and this site is the BEST!!!!
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:52 PM

I had an ablation done two years ago and thought everything was going ok until this year and the bleeding and pain started again. MD tried to perform another ablation and found out that I have adhesions and it could not be done. Baby days are over so we set a date yesterday for the hysterectomy.
Unread 06-08-2008, 12:06 AM

Looks like we'll be in the castle at the same time!! I'm also set for a TVH on 7/8 and I am counting down the days. My period started at 0557 this morning and I've been in excruciating pain all day..the pain started last week...and I am trying to stay positive and keep thinking that this is my last one E-V-E-R!!!!

My doc discussed ablation, but since I have pelvic congestion syndrome, we decided on the hyster because the ablation could only get rid of the bleeding and not the pain.

Just try to think positive and I'm sure that we'll both be posting good post-op stories here soon
Unread 06-08-2008, 02:33 AM

I had an attempted and failed ablation in January of 2008 and then I had my TVH May 5 of 2008. Honestly the process I found to be fairly easy. The waiting is very scary and I was on here everyday reading everything I could so I understand that feeling. Once the surgery was over I was relieved. I stayed in the hospital for one night and then I felt blah for one week and then back on track to feeling good . I now am at 5 weeks post op and I feel great I went back to work at 2 weeks post op and I realized I did all that worrying for nothing. But hey we are women and it is scary not knowing. Good luck if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them from my point of view
Unread 06-08-2008, 02:36 AM

I had an EA on the 20th of April, two weeks later was seeing doc because I was bleeding uncontorled .. was told time for hyster that the EA had failed
Unread 06-09-2008, 10:56 AM

He told me after the ablation that because of the prolapse a hyst was inevitible and would need to happen sometime, but my body would tell me when. I think it has been telling me for sometime, but I wasn't understanding. I went to see the dr May 15th. He said it was still up to me, but if I am very uncomfortable the hyst would take care of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register