Phrases I choose to ignore!!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Phrases I choose to ignore!!!! Phrases I choose to ignore!!!!

Unread 06-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Phrases I choose to ignore!!!!

Boy if I had a dollar for every time my male doc's answer was "let's try birth control pills" to every problem I ever had I could have paid for my own surgery years ago without having to rely on insurance!!!

Here's my own personal favorite: "I can't believe you're having a hysterectomy at 37 with no kids...YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO FEEL LIKE A COMPLETE WOMAN IF YOU DON'T AT LEAST TRY TO HAVE A BABY"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkannie75
My favorite from my DH: "I know exactly what to expect- it will be just like my vasectomy!"
I started laughing when I read this!! People are really insensitive aren't they!!! They only thing I was told from my boss when I told HER that I had to have surgery was try and book it over the summer. This way we will have plenty of time to get someone to cover for you. (and this is coming from another woman!!) How rude!! Unfortunately she did get her wish because this was the first date I was given. Oh well.
Unread 06-06-2008, 07:25 PM

Quoted from Ninnylou - "Boy if I had a dollar for every time my male doc's answer was "let's try birth control pills" to every problem I ever had I could have paid for my own surgery years ago without having to rely on insurance!!!"

What a great quote! Definitely applies in my case too and is one of the main reasons why I finally switched doctors!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2008, 07:31 PM

My fav

from many, many, many sweet, considerate people

"Just don't worry"

My inner thoughts "Ohhh! O.K., I'll just flick the switch on my behind that disengages my useless worrying"

TANK
Unread 06-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank777
My fav

from many, many, many sweet, considerate people

"Just don't worry"

My inner thoughts "Ohhh! O.K., I'll just flick the switch on my behind that disengages my useless worrying"

TANK

Hey, can you tell me where you got your switch, I could really use one for all aspects of life...
Unread 06-06-2008, 08:56 PM

"Im sure you'll be fine."

Really? You're sure?? I wish I could be as sure as you seem to be!

Of course, this only comes from people who haven't gone through the process.
Unread 06-06-2008, 09:10 PM

I know. I have 3 sisters God Bless them that have NO CLUE what I have gone through and I am the youngest. and for the last 2 years all my mom ever said was
YOU JUST NEED TO GET IT DONE....
Now I know she worries about my health but getting a hystarectomy at 32 is not like running to the salon to get my hair done. Its a MAJOR life change. I will never again ovulate. Never again have the option to get preggo. Never again take a pregnancy test , never again feel a child grow in me. ( I hope that last statment does not upset any of you ) But it made me sick here I have 3 sisters and a mom so 4 ladies in my life that really all together they don't have a clue.
Unread 06-06-2008, 09:10 PM

OMG i am laughing at all of you girls and right now it hurts my right side......I think i have heard all these phrases too...... but unfortunately my most insensitive ones have been from my DH who should be alittle more sympathetic.

TVH-uterine prolapse and mennarghia-age 25
Unread 06-06-2008, 10:38 PM

I've got one for you. This was from my SIL who has had 2 c-sections:

"It is just like a c-section, 2 of my friends have had it (hyst) and they were up and about in a week"!

She said this to me around about weeks 3/4 while I was still in a tremendous amount of pain and discomfort. I have had a c-section with my DS and this is NOTHING like a c-section.

You are so correct - you shouldn't be allowed to comment unless you know something about it.

That is why I love this site - all of you just get it!

Hugs to you all,
Unread 06-06-2008, 10:53 PM

just had my opt 14 days ago went to walmart tonight people kept asking me is I was having a little girl and when was she due. Told them no just gave birth to my uterus and an ovary, they dont know what to say after that

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register