Phrases I choose to ignore!!!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Phrases I choose to ignore!!!! Phrases I choose to ignore!!!!

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Phrases I choose to ignore!!!!

My DH said he didn't know why I was so tired a couple of weeks after the surgery. After all, if he was tired he just went to bed early and got a good nights sleep....
Sigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkannie75
My favorite from my DH: "I know exactly what to expect- it will be just like my vasectomy!"
You almost had me !!!! Was he serious?!

My fav has been "You're too young to have a hysterectomy." Geez!
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allofme
just had my opt 14 days ago went to walmart tonight people kept asking me is I was having a little girl and when was she due. Told them no just gave birth to my uterus and an ovary, they dont know what to say after that
Never thought to say it that way! I may try that one if someone says that to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 03:22 PM
You Are Not Overreacting

[color=Red]We all have a right to our feelings, and your husband for sure needs to listen and sympathize with you more. I am sure you are always there and helping him if he is sick, right? I am divorced and do not deal with a mother-in-law, however, I have an 8 year boyfriend who lives with me and his mom is making light of what I am doing. Originally she was going to come and help me if I needed it, I am sure she still might, but now she is going to Florida a week after my surgery, so I will not count on it. Anyway, I do not want anyone here that is non-caring, and she is really not that way, her son, however; is. And if a doc does not want to give you pain meds,, mmmmmm ....might think of finding another. No excuses for that.[/COLOR JJS (Joan)
  Quote:
Originally Posted by thejo
Well here we go........

Last 4 docs. .."I don't feel anything just take a laxative"

DH.....(for 5 years) "It's good you'r bleeding so much it's
cleaning you out"
DH..."why do we need someone here after I go back to
work?"

DH... "It's probably just gas cramps your' feeling"
DMIL (dear mother in-law) "Oh believe me it will be no big
deal"
After our discussion of me not being a hypocondriac after all and turning it all around and being so helpful.....
DH...."Well I think all you'll need is me home for a couple of
days, after all I have to take a day off to go to your
pre-op"
Male Doc...."I don't want to give you any pain meds"
Nurse..."If the pain gets too bad turn on some soft music"

Just to name a few...

Anyone else hearing phrases they are choosing to ignore?

I am just so sick of people presuming to know me. I am a 47 year old woman who is having a hysterectomy. They will probably remove my ovaries which need to be biopsied. I am allowed to be upset. I am allowed to take more then a couple of days to recover. I could go on all day!!! So many comments that everyone says I am overreacting to. They are just all building up.
Unread 06-07-2008, 03:39 PM

I was at church 2 weeks after my surgery. A women there asked me, "Are you back at work now'?
Unread 06-07-2008, 03:58 PM

My TAH is scheduled for June 12th. So far everyone has been very supportive. I am self-employed and have shut down my sewing business for the summer because of this, and I'll be having carpel tunnel surgery on both hands this summer as well.

My plans are to rest as much as possible. I've always worked hard to do for others and meet deadlines, and I have worked full-time for the past two months that I have been bleeding. I've pushed myself to get some things done before surgery, because I'm going to be very selfish after I get home. If I get any comments in 3 or 4 weeks about why I'm still resting, I don't care. This is my time. I'm going to catch up on reading and sleeping - and nobody is going to take the next couple of months away from me!
Unread 06-07-2008, 09:00 PM

My brother in law rolls his eyes and says "we know you are having surgery, you dont have to keep talking about it"
Unread 06-07-2008, 09:28 PM

1. "Are you completely healed yet? Why not?"
2. I lost some weight because I had such little appetite after my surgery and am staying away from regular soda pop. "You must have had lap-band surgery, because people have said that you have lost weight." I responded "no. I had a hysterectomy because my endo attached my left bladdel/bowel/ovary to my pelvic bone."
Thanks for such a great thread!
Unread 06-07-2008, 10:15 PM

Just remembered another good one.
You see, I've lost about 25 lbs. over the last few months seeing as how I can't eat because I've got too much pain/nausea for like 2 weeks out of each month and this is what I get when I mention that I'm down to 105 and FREAKING OUT about it.

"Hey, I wish I could just drop weight that easy."
Unread 06-08-2008, 03:49 AM

Mine was from a male relative.

"Now that you can't have children, you need an interesting career..."

I was speechless!!!! (and trust me, that doesn't happen easily)
Firstly, I thought I had an interesting career (I work in IT as a super-geek and love it) and secondly...what the heck???????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register