Phrases I choose to ignore!!!! - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Phrases I choose to ignore!!!! Phrases I choose to ignore!!!!

Unread 06-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Phrases I choose to ignore!!!!

This is my favorite thread of all time! I haven't had any outrageous comments regarding my surgery, only back when we were trying (unsuccessfully) to get pregnant.

Come to think of it, during my pre-op the doc was explaining the surgery and stopped to say, "Now you do need to understand that after this surgery you will no longer be able to get pregnant." I said "And if you are me you never could in the first place."

I heard, "Just relax!", "When you stop trying is when it will happen." "Just start the adoption process and you'll get pregnant."

I kind of look forward to hearing things like this in the future because it will be funny to me (in a sick way, I admit) to say "I really don't think that will help since I have had a hysterectomy."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2008, 06:24 PM

I have had two children that are grown now. I often wonder if I had know what can happen as a result of giving birth if I would have done it. I am serious.
JJS-TBH/cystocele-June 11th (Joan)
Unread 06-22-2008, 10:37 AM

Just received a real doozy today...

A coworker asked me when I am returning to work. I explained that I have to wait for my doctor to clear me and he wants me out for four weeks so my insides have time to heal.

Her reply:
"WHAT? You get four weeks off for THAT? Didn't they take your staples out the first week? Gee... Must be nice to have all that time off."

NOTE: She really wasn't trying to be mean. She is just clueless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Consider The Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Sunshine
Just received a real doozy today...

A coworker asked me when I am returning to work. I explained that I have to wait for my doctor to clear me and he wants me out for four weeks so my insides have time to heal.

Her reply:
"WHAT? You get four weeks off for THAT? Didn't they take your staples out the first week? Gee... Must be nice to have all that time off."

NOTE: She really wasn't trying to be mean. She is just clueless.
I BEG TO DIFFER, I think sometimes we give people the benefit of the doubt and they are, indeed, not only clueless, but tactless. I personally think you need more then 4 weeks off to recuperate. There is the FMLA - Family and Medical Leave Act, are you aware of it. I used it after my double hip surgery several years ago and it saved my job and also gave me ample time to heal. I had saved up earned disability leave days so I was off 5 1/2 month's. Not sure what your case is. Did you apologize to this girl for needing this time to get better, hope not. Sorry, just really tired of uncaring people. JJS-Joan-TVH/cycstocele-June 11, 2008
Unread 06-23-2008, 07:39 AM

Thanks for the good info JJS.

I had no clue about the FMLA. Fortunately, my employer is very understanding and supportive. Just one clueless coworker.

Heck no, I did not apologize to her for being out for four weeks. I laughed and suggested she Google info on a TAH.

After I asked her to Google it, she just kind of sighed and said, "Well... we miss you. Just hurry up and get better, will ya?"

You'd have to know the lovable 'porcupine' personality of this woman to really get that she meant no harm. I think that she is just missing the tact filter that is 'spose to between our brains and mouths.
Unread 06-23-2008, 04:25 PM
tact

Quote:
Thanks for the good info JJS.

I had no clue about the FMLA. Fortunately, my employer is very understanding and supportive. Just one clueless coworker.

Heck no, I did not apologize to her for being out for four weeks. I laughed and suggested she Google info on a TAH.

After I asked her to Google it, she just kind of sighed and said, "Well... we miss you. Just hurry up and get better, will ya?"

You'd have to know the lovable 'porcupine' personality of this woman to really get that she meant no harm. I think that she is just missing the tact filter that is 'spose to between our brains and mouths.
Great response....feel better soon and take all the time you need to recover. It's hard financially for everyone,but money does not take the place for a good recovery. We are in a real financial crunch now, my s/o boyfriend is off work for 13 weeks now, unemployment checks are no replacement for his paycheck, however; grateful for them.

I have been on ss disability for several years and it's really rough with no rx insurance. I pay about $98.00 a month for medicare disability and another $125.00 a month for a major med blue cross/blue shield policy I kept from work (insurance portability act).

Really upsetting that my full pay rx's are a burden with no rx coverage.

My gyne called in a script - Terazol 7 cream as I have some sort of itching and possibly yeast infection from the Cipro.....antibiodics always do that to me. Have to take Cipro because of the bacterial bladder infection which they think is from the catheter.

I am a little better every day, but still no where that I wish I was at. I am doing too much and cooking and even baked a few cakes....My own choice and every night when I am hurting I say I will not do it the next day, but do...

Deciding today to take care of myself better tomorrow. My boyfriend does so much and I feel so guilty I am lagging behind, he never complains, except to tell me to STOP.

Take Care,
JJS-TVH/cystocele-June 11th (Joan) promising to rest more.
Unread 06-23-2008, 07:05 PM

JJS,
You certainly have allot on your shoulders. It is a good thing that you sound like you have a level head.

I'm going to be keeping an extra good thought for you and send best wishes that everything will soon smooth over.

Thank you again for your extreme kindness!

Unread 06-25-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
JJS,
You certainly have allot on your shoulders. It is a good thing that you sound like you have a level head.

I'm going to be keeping an extra good thought for you and send best wishes that everything will soon smooth over.

Thank you again for your extreme kindness!

I will be saying prayers for you too, sounds like you have had a lot on your plate dealing with your medical problems. I am here to listen if you want to chat. So, you are in LA, I have family there.
Take care and enjoy the nice weather, or is it very, very hot there.
JJS-Joan-TVH/cystocele/June 11, 2008.
Unread 06-26-2008, 06:40 AM

check your grocery stores and drug stores.....in florida, Publix fills most antibiotic's for FREE! Someone said Walmart does for $4.00. I feel ya with the money crunch....1 dh 4 kids and a grandbaby here, I keep walking around the house going "money, what money, havent seen that for so long forgot what it looks like". Husband has new job by Gods good grace and the 2 older kids put in 100 a month so we squeak by but gas at 4.09 cant afford to leave the house any ways...lol...great time for a TAH....hopeful gas prices will come down so I can get out of the zoo soon...lol....
Thanks for letting me ramble and take care your in my prayers
Unread 06-26-2008, 12:27 PM
money and RX's

None of my RX's are covered under any of those $4.00 Wal Mart,, Walgreens, etc., programs. The only one might be the penicillin and it is so cheap to begin with makes no sense to go elsewhere just for a few dollars. the Premarin and Estrace Cream I had to use every night for 8 weeks before my TVH/cystocele, cost $239.00 for one tube (one week)...so thankfully the gyne gave me samples. I had to keep asking for them as it was a tiny sample tube and lasted 3 days. It makes me feel like I am wanting handouts. I hate asking, but the nurses are wonderful and have never judged me for that. I also take Imitrex for migraines and last I looked it was $200 for 9 pills that come on a card. Also, the cream I am using now, Terazol 7 for itching from the Cipro I was on for the bacterial bladder infection I have now after surgery...(cathether, they think)...costs $43.00 for one tube generic. I needed an anti-nausea med, one they gave me iv in the hospital ...only one I can take, and it was $170.00. So I begged out on that and drank ginger ale, thankfully it was not too bad.

My sister's live in Fla., and have the same issues, they cannot get their drugs from those programs. They are not stupid, they cover routine old drugs that are cheap.

Gas here is $4.17 and it might sound silly, but glad my S/O is not working (laid off for over three months.) gas would be a fortune as his job is 1/2 hour away.

I write letters to companies to get complimentary coupons for things like cereal, margarine, etc. , it really helps. You have to be starving and have not a red cent in your checking account to get help with food. Well take care, write back if you want to.
JJS-TVH/cystocele-June 11th - Joan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register