15 years post hyst. now growth in vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 years post hyst. now growth in vagina 15 years post hyst. now growth in vagina

Unread 06-07-2008, 03:55 PM
15 years post hyst. now growth in vagina

[kids/adoption mentioned]
Hi, I just found this forum today. I wish I could have had this support 16 years ago when I was dx'd with endometrial adenocarcinoma FIGO grade 1 and underwent a hysterectomy at age 25, never having been pregnant. I don't remember having "cancerhead," I was mainly grieving, intensely, the loss of my fertility. Back then, I didn't think I really had any safe option to try to preserve my fertility, though my ovaries were left intact to attempt IVF surrogacy (we did it 6x, didn't work). I still have my ovaries, which now feel like ticking time bombs... 11 years, a divorce and remarriage later, we adopted my now 5 year old daughter, and a year later my now 4 year old daughter.

A couple of weeks ago, my gyn found a "cyst" in my vaginal vault during a routine annual exam. The pap came back normal, but because of my history, yesterday I underwent a colposcopy and biopsy. Even though I took 2 oxycodones, it was possibly the worst pain I've ever felt, and I've been through a LOT of medical procedures.

Now I'm waiting, with cancerhead in FULL swing. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 05:58 PM

Dear Lucky,

I'm so sorry that the biopsy was painful. Hopefully you and your doctor can find something that will work better for you if further testing is needed.

Here's to hoping that NO more will be needed however and that the biopsy comes back negative.

s
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:25 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this. I will pray that this is just a cyst and nothing else. I had 2 vaginal biopsies while awake and didn't feel anything. I also had a 3rd vaginal biopsy under general anasthesia so I obviously wasn't feeling that one. Good luck and let us know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 06:32 PM

dear luckylou...so sorry you're facing this worry again, not to mention the pain from those procedures. yes, the worst case scenario is a scary thought. i'm wishing for you that the cyst is just an ordinary benign cyst and you can go on enjoying your lovely family. best wishes to you. please let us know how it goes. come here anytime to ask questions and vent. take care.
Unread 06-08-2008, 10:19 AM

Lucky,
I'm so glad you found us. I am sorry to hear the procedure was so painful. Cancerhead loves to find us and often when we are waiting for test results. I am hoping your results will come soon and be all clear.
I'll be keeping you in prayer.
s
Unread 06-08-2008, 04:36 PM

Thank you for the replies and support. I've done a bit of reading on this site and I feel reassured that odds are, I don't have cancer, and if I do, I can beat it (though I do dread that sort of battle). I'll endeavor to keep you posted!
Unread 06-08-2008, 08:41 PM

I'm just popping by to add more positive vibes, prayers and crossed fingers for a totally negative report!

monami
Unread 06-09-2008, 04:03 AM

I can REALLY relate to you. My first surgery was to remove a tumor and 1 ovary. I was told after the surgery that there was a less than a 1% chance that it would ever spread to my other ovary (it was a boderline tumor).

Then almost 1 year to the day from my 1st surgery I had a complete hysterectomy due to another tumor. I WISH someone had told me about preserving my eggs. There should be some type of protocol established for woman who do not have children. There should be conversations initiated by the doctors for those women who are experiencing problems.

Anyways, I am now in a failing marriage and only dream of being happy and maybe having a family one day. I too am experiencing difficulties and undergoing some tests and I am awaiting results. Aside for the disappointment and sadness about not having children I really try to be thankful that I am alive, because it could have been so much worse. Please keep posting and IM if you want. You are in my prayers...God Bless
Unread 06-11-2008, 09:48 PM

Hi Lucky. I'm sorry you are going through the fears that you had to go through many years ago, but I'm really glad you found this site because I've never found a better group of women to talk to about cancer concerns.

I had a hysterectomy after finding Stage 1 endometrial cancer and at my six week checkup I had to have a vaginal biopsy because I still had a lot of pain. You are right, that is not a fun procedure and very painful.

There was only a 1% chance I had cancer in my vagina, but unforunately I did have it. I'm here to tell you that it's treatable and after a restaging surgery, chemo and radiation, I'm cancer free and have been for 16 months now.

I so hope this is not cancer, but I just wanted to share with you that if it is, you can get through this to live a rich full life and enjoy those little ones!

I'll keep my fingers, eyes, legs, and anything else I can find, crossed hoping they don't find cancer, but if they do, you can win this battle! Please keep us posted!

Take Care,

Vicky
Unread 06-12-2008, 06:37 AM

Thank you to all the rest who've posted, even if it was your own similar situation that ended up being cancer. It's important to read those replies, too because it is reassuring to read that someone else survived.

I don't have my results yet... will this week ever end?! During the day I do just fine, but if I wake up at all during the night, I have a hard time controlling the anxiety and getting back to sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register