Freaking Out, Surgery moved from 9/2008 to 6/25/2008!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Freaking Out, Surgery moved from 9/2008 to 6/25/2008!!! Freaking Out, Surgery moved from 9/2008 to 6/25/2008!!!

Unread 06-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Freaking Out, Surgery moved from 9/2008 to 6/25/2008!!!

Hey Everyone,

I havent been posting on here much because life has been hectic and busy, as I am sure it has been for all! Sorry about that! I also had been reading because my surgery wasnt until September 24 2008. Well that has all changed!

I was at work Thursday when I started feeling a terrible pain in the middle part of my groin area and on the lower hip back side, that I decided I needed to go and see my doctor! I went and sure enough he confirmed that my uterus had fallen down more, and it was the size of a 16 week pregnancy. Also I now had blood in my urine, but no infection present at all!!!! So he said it is my uterus causing the pain and the possible blood in my urine!!! He said no more putting it off Shauna it has got to be done now, this month! I freaked! I knew it was inevitable, but somehow I thought it would go away. In fact I kept telling myself that it wasnt as bad as all the stories I had read on here and that it was ALL in my head! HAHA!!!

So I went ahead and got it all set up and scheduled. I advised my husband and he got ANGRY!!! Yup that is right! He told me "I told you to get it done" blah blah blah, and I was this and I was that (him talking). I thought oh great I have honkerblonked him off, and I am the type that is a people pleaser, so I want everyone happy before I think of myself! Finally after he was at work for a while I called back and asked him how work was going and he said fine, then he started by saying "Honey, I am sorry about earlier its just that I want you to get the surgery done." I told him not to worry about it, and instead of him just dropping it there he says, "You just need to get the surgery done, and stop going back in forth, because I am getting stressed out, this is stressing me out, it is all on ME!" I thought Oh my word how selfish can we be!!!!! I thought wow I didnt know it was your uterus that was hurting this whole time, I didnt know it was you bleeding out blood clots the size of livers and lungs but you know excuse me, I will just stop it from hurting!!!!

I couldnt believe what he had said to me! I am so hurt now because he keeps asking me how long am I going to need for recovery and if I dont need to take more days off then dont, and that I need to get someone there to help me with my 3 year old and 1 year old! He is only going to take surgery day and the next day after off. There is no need for him to get any more! I am so hurt and dont know how to tell my husband that what is saying is hurting me!

He says it is a no big deal surgery and that I am still who I am. He says I am making a bigger deal out of it then what is necessary!!! He is making me feel like I am inconveniencing him and it is breaking my heart!!

I dont know what to do and I am scared that I will now have to face this surgery sooner than I had expected. Also I wont know if it will just be my uterus and cervix, or uterus cervix, tubes and ovaries till after surgery! My doctor says he is going to give me three days in the hospital (already been approved by insurance) so that is good! But still I need prayers please and encouragement for this shock that I am about to go through! Sorry it is so long! Thank you for reading!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 11:05 PM

Shauna:
I am sorry to hear that your DH is pouting. Sounds like you need to sit him down with a copy of the human anatomy and show him what is coming out! Seriously, go to the Mister Hyster Sister site and download some of the articles and let him read them. I have the Mister Hyster Sister e-book and it is very good. I highly recommend you get it for him. I know about being a person pleaser, but you now need to think about yourself. YOU need to come first. I'll keep you in my prayers for understanding from your husband.
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:24 PM

I would suggest that you take your DH to your pre-op appointment. That made a big impression on my DH. He really appreciated the magnitude of what was happening after going to the pre-op appointment with me.

It sounds as if you are going to feel a lot of relief after your surgery. I will keep you in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 11:52 PM

I am sorry to hear that your hubby is not understanding right now. I don't think most men or many men are wired that way sadly. My hubby really isn't. He has a back injury with chronic pain syndrome so I wasn't able to expect as much from him. Maybe that helps me not be so disappointed. I had an abdominal incision, total hysterectomy that included the uterus, cervix, both tubes and ovaries. I found that it helped me not to dwell on anything that gets my head going, then my feelings, and so on. It also helped that I was able to get in and out of bed by myself before I left the hospital because truly I didn't have a lot of help afterward, but it worked out okay. I could get up and down okay, I had a reacher to pick things up, and simple foods to make so I was okay. I did a lot of sleeping in the beginning anyhow. Try not to expect too much and then what we get is a treat! Also, the info to help educate him might just be a good idea. Thank God for this site, as it has been great while I'm recuperating. Best wishes and it's good to get over with!
Unread 06-08-2008, 08:23 AM

I will keep you in my prayers. I will pray your husband will understand your needs. Best wishes on your surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register