Shake it off | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-01-2001, 09:56 AM
Shake it off

I hope it is ok to post this message here, if not then it fine to take it away. I thought of all here and how good it would be for us, with all of our suffering to just be able to be like this donkey, and just "shake it off".

SHAKE IT OFF

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well.

At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.

Enjoy Your Week SHAKE IT OFF

I hope this helps some. It really give us something to think about besides our pains. Hugs, Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2001, 10:24 AM
Shake it off

I shakin I shakin--just as hard as i can.... thanks Deb, and hugs back at ya!!!!
Unread 08-01-2001, 11:43 AM
Shake it off

What a wonderful inspiring post. I too am shaking. I have learned alot since my hysterectomy and like the donkey I too have learned to shake it off Thank you for the inspiration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2001, 03:58 PM
Shake it off

Yes this surgery can be a life-changing event - dealing with hormones etc. But what you posted was so true - we have to at least try to shake it off and move forward, not just lie back and take anything that is dished out to us. Use experiences to help us grow and find the right solution for us! With each others help in the jungle and the support we give and get here we too can climb out of that ditch
Deb, thanks for some inspiration.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register