Hemmoragic cyst on right ovary - Help please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hemmoragic cyst on right ovary - Help please Hemmoragic cyst on right ovary - Help please

Unread 06-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Hemmoragic cyst on right ovary - Help please

I had a cyst about a year ago kept getting fobbed of that i was having midcycle pain or maybe a stomach infection ( thats the NHS for you!).
Anyway i was in horrendous pain kept going to A&E - they kept sending me home.The doc asked for a scan i had one and found out i had a cyst on my right ovary that had ruptured .Anyway to cut a long story short got another on my left side no more scans told it would heal up.A year later still have pain.I have pelvic pain ( like period pain) practically everyday for hours on end.I also get bad pain on the right.I have to attend the hospital for a check up.
When i had my scan and they found out what it was they ruled out everything else like infections bowel probs etc.
At the end of the day something snt right.If it was supose to heal on its own and was a corpus lutonum cyst and perfectly normal why pain for a year ???
Any advice before i go to hospital as i feel im being totally fobbed of.Im not a person who feels pain but this now is getting me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2008, 05:51 PM

Pixii -

I had a partial Hyster in Sept 06' and 7 weeks out started having a horrible pain just to the right and a bit up from my left hip. It started on my first full day back to work and I thought I had 'done something'. US showed a cyst. I 'know' it ruptured the day after Thanksgiving as I had pain so bad I thought I was dying. US in December showed it had indeed ruptured.

Fast forward to Feb. Was discussing further surgery but DH was well opposed. I tried BC pills and was pain free for the entire time I was on them. I couldn't stay on them though as they sent my BP soaring (They hadn't in my 20's, go figure).

I eventually scheduled surgery when I found myself basically in continuous pain and Dr couldn't see a reason. She had scheduled a 30 minute look around. I thought I would be out of work 2 days. In the end, my surgery was over 5 hours and I lost an ovary. I had scar tissue so thick it hid an infected 'pocket'. I consider myself very lucky.

Its been just over a year and things are finely getting back to normal. I still have occasional pain but can live with a couple days every few months.

I guess my 'bottom line' is I 'knew' something was wrong and kept pushing until I was heard.

Julie
Unread 06-14-2008, 04:12 AM

I think thats what i need to do next week as something isnt right.
I was in pure agony when it ruptured ( considering i had a natural drug free birth on all my children!) - the pain this cyst caused was so bad !
The doctors seem so flipant here in the uk.I would go private if i could afford it

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register