Cancellation - hyst on Mon instead of mid-July | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cancellation - hyst on Mon instead of mid-July Cancellation - hyst on Mon instead of mid-July

Unread 06-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Cancellation - hyst on Mon instead of mid-July

Wow - I just got the call I am going in Monday (today's Wednesday). It's a whirlwind -- anyone have this experience? I am not thinking straight. What are my priorities? Fortunately am already on sick leave from my teaching job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2008, 02:44 PM

Mine is Monday too!

I think it's awesome that you aren't waiting another month! Now you can just stress for a couple more days instead of forever.

I'm with you sister!
Unread 06-18-2008, 03:04 PM

Hi WTC and HeyLanni,

Good luck and best wishes with your surgeries. I think it's awesome too! Waiting is the most difficult (other than the liquid diet and bowel prep, if you have to do that.)

You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2008, 05:57 PM

Your priorities are to appreciate the fact that you do not have to wonder/worry much longer and have your bag packed with the items you will need after your surgery. I wish I could’ve gotten a call to go in early! You are one lucky lady!

Wishing you health and wellness!
Jennifer
LAVH / RSO
UH & RIH (Umbilical Hernia and Right Inguinal Hernia) Repair
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:01 PM

Hey, mine is on Monday too! It seems to me like the sooner the better. Less time to worry! And just think how fab you will feel by July 4!
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:06 PM

I agree with Honeybeez. My co-worker told me today I'm going to feel so much better when it's over
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:05 PM

I agree with the other sis, the sooner the better. I was scheduled for june 3 and when I had my last period for 18 days non stop, I ended up going in on 4-22-08 with 3 day notice. Honestly, I had wasted so much energy every day that went by feeling miserable in pain all the time. Today is all in the past, it made me stronger and this is the begining of a new chapter in my now healthy life. Everything happens for a reason. I used to worry about the bleeding and the pain ,but after surgery I found out I had pre cancerous cells in the endometrium. Luckily lymph nodes biopsy was negative. Good luck everyone!
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:06 PM

Mine happened in a whirlwind like that too!! I had five days to prepare and hadn't even found this site yet!!! I would get some comfy LOOSE clothes. I lounged around in big oversized tee shirts, didn't really want anything around my tummy for the first week or two. RENT some movies. Not necessarily anything you really want to watch for the first time, for me the pain pills made me drowsy so I dozed off and on a lot the first few days. But watching your old favorites that you haven't seen in a while. Maybe books on tape or some good books/magazines from the library. Get one of those things they sell on here for swelly belly. You'll like the added support. I didn't get one of course but carried a pillow around pressed against my stomach for support while moving or sitting at the computer. Freeze some meals or get some pre made pop in the oven type meals or tv dinners, etc. Paper plates. Just make sure you stock up on items you usually need, you won't want to be making a wal-mart run anytime soon! Fill any prescriptions you may need before hand. If you have photos you want to organize or scrapbooking you want to do you can have all that stuff ready. Trying to think here.....
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:47 PM

for you!!! The first thing that came to my mind was to stop taking aspirin, aleve and iboprofin. I have a schedule to have all my bills paid ahead of time. And just preparing your recovery room with lots of pillows and the remote control!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register